Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SOA kit suggestions
Looking for suggestion on bolt-on SOA kits. Need one for my '85 CJ-7. Who has what. Why is this kit better than that one? Where to buy the kit? Please help me with this project. Not any good local...
9
9

99 TJ Wiper Problem
It's a bad problem to have during rainy season, but my wipers will only work on the highest speed. Intermitent will not work and neither will low speed. When I turn the wipers off from high speed,...
5
5

Hard to change fuel pump?
Hi all - I own a 1991 Cherokee Laredo with the 4.0L engine. I have been fighting a hard start problem, which I posted earlier to the group and got alot of good feedback. I put an Actron fuel pressure...
7
7

are my shocks dead?
I don't know much about shocks, but everytime I've picked up a new shock that someone is putting in, or on a store shelf, they are compressed, and if released they come out and are very hard to push...
6
6

Service: Jeep dealer vs. local mechanic
I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo, I am getting code P0301 with the check engine light. That means misfire in cylinder #1. So the question is...should I take it to my Jeep dealer or the local...
4
4

Waking up at 4 a.m.
Can't sleep - tossed and turned, dreamed Jeep all night, I Looked at Jeeps, shopped for Jeeps, drove Jeeps, bought three or four in my dreams... argggggghhhhhhhhhh IS IT HERE YET? This is insane. Kate
16
16

Towing
I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee (Commander) with the Rease hitch. Considering using it to haul a John Deere tractor (1700lbs) with a front end loader(200lbs) and a backhoe attachment (500lbs). If I can use...
21
21

95 GCL display and turn signals
My '95 JGCL has several issues. First, The Vehicle Onboard Diaagnostic Display will go out and when it decides to come back on, the clock/ date have reset. Second, the right side turn signals flash at...

Getting a smooth ride on a 79 CJ5
I have a 79 CJ5 that, when I bought it used several years ago, was 100% off road. It had a very stiff leaf spring suspension. I use it just in town, and to get a smoother ride, I took 2 leafs off of...
5
5

How Tall?
Just wondering what the height measure on tires is intended to mean. My 31*10.5 BFG TA's, with 30 PSI, on a 3,500 lb TJ, with about 2/3 tread left, measure 29 5/8 tall. Is the measured height usually...
6
6

CJ3b Fuel Pump Rebuild?
'61 CJ3B The diaphragm broke on the fuel side of my glass bowl fuel pump. Too old. The vacuum side diaphragm is OK. Does someone sell replacement diaphragms or am I looking at a replacement pump?...
2
2

Rubi Rubi - Rubi will you be mine....
Tomorrow, Yup.... TOMORROW (Good lord willin, creek not risin and all that jazz) After tomorrow Ya'll aint gonna gimme no more crap about my Jeep not being a REAL Jeep. (Except Bill - that's his job)...
33
33

No blinker on 2000 wrangler
I just purchased a 2000 jeep wrangler sport with less than 13,000 miles. It was being used as a hunting vehicle on a private ranch and is taking some time to clean up. All of the electrics seem to...
8
8

throw out or water pump?
I have noticed a noise in my YJ that I thougth was the throw out bearing as it goes away when the clutch is pressed(while sitting in the seat), but by listening in the engine bay the squeak sounds...
3
3

E-10 Gasoline The New Standard April 1st
Well, I must have been under a rock or in lala land to miss this. I was listening to Goss' Garage today and April 1st 2006 all gasoline will be E-10 (10% ethanol) which replaces the current MTBE...
61
61