Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

O.T. (sorta)These guys are crazy! Trek across artic
Not Jeep but cool anyway

92 XJ 4.0 into 90 YJ
I am thinking about swapping the fuel injected 4.0HO I have in my XJ into the non fuel injected 90 YJ I just bought. I found this write up has alot of the details for pretty much the exact same swap....

Synthetic Oil Question
Hi all, I am planning on switching over to Synthetic oil for all my vehicles including my 02 TJ. I figured i would go with Mobil one, but then i found that mobil makes 4 types of synthetic. What is...
18
18

TJ Bug Screen
Hey folks, I've always made my radiator bug screens from ordinary window screening. I need a bug screen for my 97 TJ. Here in S. Texas, the bugs are plentiful and almost big enough to carry off my lil...
9
9

Oil pressure sensor?
I just bought a '99XJ Sport w/ 4.0L yesterday. It runs great, like new, but I noticed this morning that when I start it the oil guage is pegged max up to 80. it does go down when warm to about normal...
4
4

AX5 transision to AX15
I have a 1990 Wrangler with an AX-5 in it. It also has a 1988 Chevy 4.3 liter V6 and very low rearends in it. I'm wearing the trany out at 65 mph, I'm turning 4100 rpms. I know I need to change the...
2
2

Horrible Flex
This last summer I replaced my stock suspension with a 3.5 inch lifted one. Now my Jeep has horrible flex and rides really hard. It is an 88' so its all leaf springs which I no are stiffer than coils...
4
4

'05 Jeep Differential
I'm trying to find out information of the differential in an '05 Grand Cherokee that is listed only as "Ring Gear Diameter: 8.3 in. (213mm) " Can anyone supply additional information or a link to a...

FS: '69 Jeep Commando
Saw this on the news group, and I recalled someone wanting one here a while back: 't email me about this, as the only thing it has to do with me is that it's probably a bit over an hour drive from me.

2.5L Engine for replacement in 1997 wrangler
Has anyone used this engine to replace and old 2.5L wrangler engine? I have a 2.5L with the ax5 5-speed. I want to have a new engine on hand to swap at a later time when I need it. Here is the URL of...
2
2

Wheel stud lubrication - good or bad?
Yesterday was a semi-nice day, so I decided to catch up on some maintenance --oil and filter change (M1 the Puro 30001 sure works nice on a 4.0!), TB cleaning, new Puro air filter, front-end lube,...
50
50

Spring over questions
After going wheeling last week, I found I really do need more height and bigger tires. My 85/91 YJ-7 has the 258 and T-5 tranny along with stock diffs with 3" of body lift and 31-10.50 TRXUS tires,...
15
15

Vibration??
I have a '88 YJ with the Dana 30 front end with a locker. I have been noticing a vibration lately when I get up to freeway speeds. So, I checked my front U-joints the other day and felt quite a bit of...
4
4

Trans.Case output seal
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport,4L 4WD. Need to replace the transfer case rear output seal. Before I get under there can somone tell me what they used to seat the seal? Will a deep socket work or a cut...
3
3

97 grand cherokee won't start
i need some help. i have owned my 97 grand cherokee for two and a half years now, it has ran prefectly, even though four wheeling and towing a boat. on a recent trip the the mountains in my jeep i was...
2
2