4 cyl Jeep?

Hay Dan The four cyl. Works fine. Yes they are very slow going up a hill. I run with a bunch of guy's who run V8's . Every year on are trip to Silver Lake sand dunes I have to tow one of them out. Sure I dont fly up the hills like they do . but its still fun. I also drive mine the 21/2 hour trip to the dunes and drive back home. They trailer there Jeeps. Anouther guy I wheel with is big into mud. I go with him alot also. I get stuck just as much as him with his 8. I have a winch so it's not that big of a deal . I'm more into trail rides. So it works good. Right now i'm changeing gears to 4.88's . That will really make a huge diffrence. Hope this helps. Mike 48 Willy's 4cyl 50 Willy's pickup flat head V8 87 YJ 4cyl. 33" winch.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

A well designed air cooled vehicle installation and the VW Beetle are in fact two different things, although later examples and US aftermarket upgrades did help a lot.

A Deutz has a big blower and is designed for stationary as well as vehicle use. In a Jeep I think it would be fine for crawling. As far as contaminated cabin air-use electric heat or a SouthWind heater and be done with it. The noise a Deutz makes has to be heard though...on second thought, American offroaders, who are more interested in showing off than getting anywhere, maybe this would be a plus instead of a minus.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
Jimbo

"As far as contaminated cabin air-use electric heat..." How many watts do you think it takes, to heat a vehicle cabin to a comfortable temperature, in a reasonable time? You can arrive at a rough estimate using one hundred watt light bulbs, electrical pig-tails, and a couple of extension cords. You may need to plug them into separate circuits. You will wind up with a two thousand watt alternator, at least, to satisfy most people's cabin heating requirements.

Fuel powered heaters are effective and efficient, but they are a bear to maintain. You can find a radiator repair shop, or buy a replacement heater core, in most small towns in the U.S. or even in Europe.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton