Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuel Filter
Awhile ago I had posted a message looking for help on an issue with my 2001 Grand Cherokee with the 6cyl. Basically when its under 70 degrees it starts on the first turn of the key. Anything hotter it...
5
5

Jeep Wrangler Cooling System Pressure Test
Tonight I tried to pressure test my 02 Jeep Wrangler's Cooling System. After putting about two pumps of air in I could hear the air move somewhere. When I took off the tester a bunch of coolant was...
1
1

94 Wrangler grinds shifting into 4th, HELP! Please
Hey Guys, I just a bought a 94 wrangler and now it grinds when shifitng into 4th. What should I check before I refinance my house to pay a professional to fix it. Any and all help or suggestions are...
23
23

Does the WJ I6 have a EGR Valve and a knock sensor?
I am not able to find information on these two. Where exactly are they mounted? If not present, what alternatives are used? Jeep WJ 2004, I6, 4L, 4WD. Thank you.
57
57

GC5.2 ZJ: Slow acceleration from tranny or differential??
Hi all, Two things I want to ask about, and forgive my ignorance in accurately describing the following issues. First, my 93 5.2 GC (220K) doesn't have the "snap" it should, 90% of the time,...
1
1

Wrangler YJ ignition switch problem
Here's what happened: I started my jeep ('87 YJ 4.2L) and the starter kept cranking, would not disengage. I didn't know what was happening and drove off. It sucked all the juice out of my battery and...
5
5

Bad harmonic balancer?
In all my years of driving I thought I've had everything break that could, but now have a new one. For the past few weeks I've been hearing a new noise from my engine, and I'd pretty much convinced...
6
6

CJ Steering Gear Adjustment to Remove Steering Wheel Free Play
I have the Haynes manual and see where it describes replacing the steering gear but I find no instructions for filling it with oil and adjusting it to remove free play from the steering wheel. I can...
3
3

53 Willys needs 4.27 Ring and pinion
I have purchased a 1953 Willys. I has stock 5.38 rin and pinion and goes about 55 mph max. I've been looking for a set of 4.27 ring and pinion out of a Dana 25 diff but have been unable to locate...
2
2

Bypassing neutral saftey switch?
I have a 91 Cherokee with 200k+ miles on her and a worn out NSS. A new one will set me back $200 and the Jeep is only worth about $1000 or so. I have cleaned the NSS twice and the last time only...
8
8

AX-15 transmission case does not separate
I am trying to disassemble a 2WD AX-15 to rebuild it, but have ran into a problem where I cannot separate the transmission housing from the intermediate plate. When I did this on another tranny, the...
4
4

problem with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 lights
I am having a problem with my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 lights. , where I cannot get them to turn off For the most part if I only use the driver and passenger doors the lights turn off...
3
3

Mike - r.e. Grounding Dash
Hi Mike - I just read your post to Michael and just remembered when I put my dash back together last month I noticed a long ground wire dangling down just right of the steering column. It isnt bolted...
1
1

timing advance help
86 258, carter bbd, nutter bypass (distributor controlled by ported vacuum) been working hard to achieve the near-mythical performance from this engine that mike romain describes in his comparable...
5
5

2000 jeep gc stops running while driving
we have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee with 85k. while driving down highwa at 70 mph the suv just shut off. we coasted to birm and sat for about min. it started up and we drove to our destination which...
6
6

Dodge Axle Swap: Considerations???
Looking at a pair of axles from an '84 Dodge W150; Dana44 front with discs, Dodge 9.25 rear with drums (four bolt lug patterns). My Jeep's a '76 CJ-7 with the original D30 front/AMC20 rear & 11" drums...
14
14

I drove an '07 Unlimited today...
I did this while I was checking out an '07 PT Cruiser, something I'm thinking about buying a Neice for a HS graduation gift next summer. The PT is pretty much like the '05 I drove a couple of years...
2
2

HELP! Can't reinstall rear zj track bar.
I spent the day replacing the shocks, springs, stabilizer and track bar bushings on my '96 zj laredo 6cyl. Everything seemed to be going great but after I got it all back together I couldn't get the...
5
5

High Oil Pressure - '99 TJ with 99k miles
Hello All, I have a 99 TJ sport with about 99k miles on it. The engine oil pressure two days ago pegged itself at 80psi on the gauge and has stayed there. It normally sits between 40-60psi when...
9
9

Jeep Liberty 2006 Cigareet Lighter FUSE location and Number
Hi, I have a Jeep Liberty 2006 and I managed to blow both the power outlet with a faulty invertor. Can someone please let me know the location and numbers of these fuses. Thanks in advance. Santosh
3
3