Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clicking AMC 20 rear end
Hi guys, I hear a click coming from the left rear (driver's side) wheel sometimes when I initially put a load on it. If I go forward about 5 feet from a dead stop, I hear it. Then, if I back up from a...
14
14

Repairing Jeep Wrangler Zippers
This is one of the easiest things to do is repair a Jeep zipper Most are sold now with the COIL teeth that come apart break off or do not shut: What has happen is the metal slide/part has gone bad:...
4
4

87 YJ 4.2 -> 4.0 swap questions
have an opportunity to pick up a 4.0 engine with under 50k for $500 - it comes out of an 88 cherokee and comes w/electronics, transfer case, AT, wheels, tires, etc etc basically everything minus the...
21
21

Limited slip differential oil
Which Limited slip differential oil should I use in my -02 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Should I use some lubricants added? Many thanx for the answers.
7
7

1997 grand cherokee (zj) brake, e-brake questions
I replaced rear pads and discs on my zj, which actually turned out much easier than I had thought. In the process, I got to see that on one side there was no braking shoe lining left at all (e-brake...
5
5

THE REDNECK JEEP CLUB VIDEO
A friend of mine took this country song, changed the words and I put it to video =) Nova Scotia...The redneck Jeep Club... Jeff
7
7

NP249 Chain
Anyone got a good link (or pics) of the chain replacement in a '95 GCL NP249 transfer case chain replacement? Having to replace the viscous coupler and figured I would replace the chain while I was in...
9
9

Pilot shaft bushing wearing fast and often!!
Hey Group, My 84 CJ7, 258, T5, Dana 300 is about to get it's 3rd pilot shaft bushing in 15,000 miles. Seems like every 5000 miles or so, I start getting a weird grinding sound as I'm down-shifting and...
12
12

Water coming out of blower in floorboard
I have an '06 TJ just purchased in July. We have had a couple of extremely HOT and HUMID days here in Kentucky. I was setting idle waiting for a light to change. When I turned right, water poured from...
1
1

Towbar plans?
I'm looking to weld up a tobar and am looking for some plans. Specifically, I'm wondering what to make the thing out of. I'm a weldor by trade and have access to 1x2, 2x2, and 1.5x1.5 inch tubing. I'm...
13
13

Oil Leaking from Distributor and Starter on '89 YJ
I just bought a used '89 YJ. The engine was replaced and is supposedly not that old. I have beed dripping some oil after I park and have been investigating the leak. I went through the usual...
3
3

Sticking seat belt retractor?
OK - 1983 CJ7 - with a bunch of mods not related to this problem ... Seat belt retractor for the 3 point belts oOFTEN sticks in place - won't epull out of the retractor housing or - if already pulled...
7
7

Coolant loss, bubbling coolant
Hi All, Here's a good one. Bought used Jeep 2000 wrangler with 4L. Over the past few years replaced radiator, thermostat, water pump. Now I have a mysterious coolant loss. No visible leaks. Did...
13
13

95 XJ leaking sunroof
Hello, Wife's 95 XJ with an ASC sunroof has always leaked a little,,, now it leaks alot. I heard something about a drain for this????? any details ideas. thanks paul
4
4

YJ Steering Column Paint
Where do I find a spray can of the tan/spice paint used on the steering column/dash on a 94 YJ?
5
5

Missing Spring retainer clamps?
I just installed a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift kit on a '03 TJ 6 When removing the 2 front springs, as per the instructions, I was t remove a spring reatiner clamp, and then re-install it when the ne...
5
5

87 YJ eating starters and a few odds and ends
Specs: 1987 YJ 6cyc 4.2L BBL, 4" rancho lift I have read much about starter problems in this group and still need to seek some advice. I have replaced my starter every year for the past 4 years, now I...
13
13

98 Jeep wrangler with a battery that won't charge
I was hoping someone could help me out hear I have a 98 jeep wrangler that won't charge the battery. so I thought it must be the alternator so I had it checked at auto-zone but they said it was okay...
10
10

Non C-clip Dana 35 strength
I just found out that my '87 YJ has the non C-clip Dana 35. I have seen, and even contributed a few picts to Bills wall of shame, now I want to know what to expect from my axle. Aaron
5
5

84 CJ7 Rough Idle
OK! I know everyone is thinking idle tubes...but wait! Here is what is happening: Had a coolant leak and it was a busted head bolt. Got that problem fix and then did the Nutter bypass. All was well...
5
5