Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel Guage not working
I have a 90 YJ Sahara 4.2 L with about 70K miles. The fuel guage just stopped working. It always reads zero or almost rest of the guages working OK. My guess is the sending unit. Any other likely...
13
13

Rough Start
Purchased a used 2000 GCL late last fall (4.7L auto).. Excellent condition and no problems through the winter. Every now and then driving it to keep things good (with the price of gas the Civic pulls...

WJ Teves Calipers Chronology
2000 WJ, 4 liter, 2WD, now with 105 K. 96 K: Replaced both front rotors, due to warped rotors - judder in steering wheel - but *never* smelled hot brake pads. 98K: Left front caliper (driver side)...
8
8

Jeep Grand Cherokee check engine light
I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. My check engine light was on and the code being displayed is P0301, which is misfire in cylinder 1. I finally brought it to the Jeep dealer, they could not...
21
21

What are the QUIETEST tires for a Cherokee ?
I do mostly highway driving with my 2000 XJ 2WD Cherokee. Never off-road. For me, it's more of a large station wagon than an SUV. Given my usage, what are the QUIETEST tires I can put on it ? This...
21
21

'79 CJ5 intake/exhaust manifold gasket
Hello all, I know that a permanent solution for intake/exhaust manifold leaks is to go to headers. But I want to do an engine swap at some point so I want to mess with it for a bit longer. Is there...
13
13

CJ-7's heater motor upgrade
Hi, I've been searching for a while now and am not able to find the exact answer to my question... I have a 1981 CJ-7 and since my heater core seems to be leaking, I want to go ahead and do the heater...
6
6

1993 jeep wrangler 2.5l EFI
I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a 2.5l. I replaced the timing chain, tensioner, dampner, and both gears, and now I cant get it to fire. I dont have any voltage going to the coil. The engine turns...
10
10

1996 Jeep Cherokee Voltage Drops Under Load
I own a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country with the Class III trailer towing package. I purchased this vehicle new. During the past three years, I have observed a problem with the electrical system voltage....
8
8

Jeep TJ 325/65-R15 TIRES ON 15x10 -44 offset
I currently have a VERY weird setup (bought it this way). I have American Racing Wheels 15x10 with a -44 offset. The tires are 325/65 - 15 BFG All Terrain. They stick out pretty far from the fenders...
3
3

Oil capacity of warn winch?
Bought a used warn winch, clutch release knob was seezed on it, took winch apart to unseeze, ended up breaking knob off, anyway got a new one, and was putting it back together, ( first Xmas eav by...
5
5

1999 Jeep grand cherokee NO Heat!!
I have no heat at all. Driver, passenger nor the defrost. Dealers states that its my blend doors and the dash needs to come off to replace. did some research and thats true, BUT I thought the defrost...
4
4

Scout axle data?
I have a scout Dana 44 in the rear on my Jeepster that came out of a 64 Scout, but that axle wasn't made til 67 or so. Does anyone have data to identify it base on it's numbers? 4 3 903 603101 4 I am...
2
2

2000 TJ 4.0L fuel injectors
I have 110,000 miles on my TJ and am losing what I assume to be fuel rail pressure when parked for a few hours. Before starting the engine, I leave the ignition in the on position for a few seconds...
20
20

college station TX jeepers
I need info for any clubs in college station / Bryan ,TX
2
2

258 head swap?
Ive been reading about the 4.0 head swap for 4.2 motors. Is this really as good as it sounds or are there more headaches to be found? What all has to be replaced besides the head? Have to be fuel...
8
8

TJ tire size alternative to 31x10.5
I'd like to go 31" but would like a 9.5" tire. Is there such a thing? Also, why are some tires measure something like 30x9.5 and some 245/75? but still the same type tire?
1
1

Slant Six in Jeep?
Trying to keep it all in the family, like the OM 617, but with a gas burner, if for some reason someone wasn't happy with the fine 4 liter or 258 Jeep engine, has anyone put a Slant Six in a Jeep out...
18
18

wiring harness for a '61 FC-170
Anyone know of a good wiring harness for my FC-170DRW that has a fuse block / modern fuses? I looked at Painless - seems like a good option although they don't make one for my 170 specifically. I have...
3
3

Installing engine oil temperature gauge - TJ
Hi All, I want to install an engine oil temperature gauge on my '01 TJ without having to drill a hole in the oil pan. What is the easiest way of doing this. One of the local shops here suggested...
42
42