Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TJ Sway Bar Link Torque Values Anyone??
I will be replacing a sway bar Link on a 2000 TJ today. I got an OEM part from the dealer. Can anyone please take a quick peak at a Service Manual and tell me the torque values for the top and bottom...
3
3

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee shudders while turning
I own a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 120k miles on it. It is a 4.0 liter with select track. Lately I have been experiancing a shudder while turning in two wheel drive. At first I thought it...
4
4

'94 YJ Speed Sensor
I called my dealer today, and found that the '94 YJ does not have a speedo cable. It has a speed sensor, which he says might be the reason the speedometer reads erratically, bounces around, and...
6
6

Gas Cap vs Chk Eng Lite
RE 2002 Jeep Cherokee, 6 Cyl. I had a problem passing the State of NJ emissions test. The guy said it was the gas cap. But, it passed and I happily left. Now, I have a Chk Engine Light. The car runs...
24
24

CJ7 Windshield Wiper Problem
Hi, 76 CJ7 The people who installed my windshield put on one of my windshield wipers pointing the wrong direction. In other words, the passenger side was pointing left (facing the vehicle) and the...
14
14

COOL BLUE HALOGEN SEALED BEAM?
A co-worker of mine recently purchased a new Chrysler 300, personally I'm not that impressed with it but one thing I really like is the headlamps. They seem to give off a whiter/brighter slightly...
17
17

Carpet Repair on driver's side?
I'm reading threads but can't find good answers. My TJ has a worn spot where my left heel rests at the front of the drivers seat. It's about 3"x6" and it's on that little ridge that rises up to the...
8
8

Teraflex Sucks
After intalling my Teraflex S4T "Suspension System" i would never buy it again. The instructions are so bad they are virtually useless. And why did i need to pay all that money for adjustable lower...
13
13

Wagoneer oil leak help......
I recently picked up a 1987 Grand Wagoneer and have been fixing some small things here and there. There is one oil leak that I can't figure out exactely where it is coming from and was wondering if...
1
1

1988 jeep cherokee pioneer front end
I have the above mentioned model jeep with 4liter 4x4. I have 232k miles on it. I bought it new. The problem is this. As I travel down the interstate I will hit a small bump in the road and the front...
2
2

99 JGC Laredo 4.0L Radiator fan ? ? ?
Hoping a JGC guru can help. My radiator fan stopped today. Engine heated up but cooled right back down when I got out of traffic and moving. Searched for the fuse for the radiator fan when I got home...
4
4

What's this battery picker-upper called?
So I come out of the local watering hole after lunch, get in my '99 TJ and try to start it. ...nothing ...the battery's deader'n a door nail. I got a jump start, then drove it up to a repair shop...
3
3

XJ lift opinions? OME coils with Rancho RS9000X shocks?
Hi all: I am about to lift my 91 XJ 4.0 and I am hoping to get some opinions regarding my plans. Old Man Emu front coils: I was planning OME XJ heavy duty 3" lift coils, but since I plan on adding a...
14
14

Jeep TJ dana 35 with limited slip and 35s? can it be done?
Hey all I have a 97 sahara with a dana 35c open rear. Im upgrading my 33s to 35s within the next year. Before i add the 35s im gonna regear to 4.56 but im unsure on what to do with my dana 35. My...
15
15

Michigan Jeepers Loose member to strapping accident..
To all the newbies out there.. straps are dangerous animals...
94
94

2004 WJ 4.7L low freq vibe normal?
Hello all! Are low frequency driveline vibrations normal with the Quadra-Trac II (NV247) / Dana 44/226MM rear axle, standard 4.7L V8 WJ when driven at high highway speeds? The vibration is only mildly...
6
6

Liberty - Misfire
Some time ago, I posted to this group about a chronic problem with my 2003 Liberty - giving P300 codes (misfire in multiple cylinders). We finally noticed a pattern that it only occured when the AC...
2
2

1999 Cherokee problem with EVAP System
Hi I have a 99 Cherokee 4.0L 5 Spd Its check engine light comes on when it is dead cold. I have a scanner that says P1494. Leak detection pump for the EVAP system where is the location of the pump and...
5
5

CJ7 Front Seat Problem
I've got an '85 CJ7 and the front seat keeps falling backwards. I've heard this is very common on these seats and before I go and replace it ...is there any way to fix it? It's the original...
3
3

Filling Power Steering Gearbox Without the Pump
Hi Guys, Just replaced my manual steering gear box with an AGR power steering model. The manual gave up the ghost and I had to do the swap minus the power steering pump and bracket. (Planned to do it...
3
3