Odd tyres on JGC with Quadra-Trac

Can anyone tell me the likely short/long term effects of driving a Grand Cherokee with Quadra-Trac with differently worn tyres front and back?

I'm looking at buying one but the present owner hasn't changed the tyres all together and it currently has near new ones on front and near worn out ones on the back.

I heard that the transfer case can overheat under such conditions as it's continually trying to balance the torque between front and back.

TIA

Peter

Reply to
Peter Robinson

If the tires are the same size tires and they are only different in the wear amount, it should be fine. The issue was with using a donut spare, which would cause the t-case to overheat and often catch fire.

Reply to
Mark12211