Vinyl rollbar tape

Can anyone direct me to a website where I can order some black 2" vinyl tape, the kind for wrapping roll bars? Good lord, I've gone to about five places locally, including 4WD shops, with no success, and find such a wide price range on the web that it's insane. Has anyone ordered any, and remember where they got it?

Reply to
bizbee

try a local wholesale plumbing or piping supply house like ferguson or try

Also, local wholesale heating and airconditioning shops sell far superior insulation for the pipes alot cheaper, and probably have the tape as well.

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

also, maybe an electrical supply house

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Robb S via CarKB.com did pass the time by typing:

Watch some of that electrical type tape, it goes gooey in heat.

Reply to
DougW

ah, good point. I know alot of the piping wrap is sold without adhesive. Plumbers use it in 2" and 4" to wrap their copper pipe around their clamps to prevent electrolosis.... Local 32 Seattle WA

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:07:21 GMT in , "Robb S via CarKB.com" graced the world with this thought:

I'll try the link. After going to like five or six places locally, I'm pretty much done with that. Three hours of running around looking for friggin' tape is enough. Thanks.

oops... just looked, nothing there that I see....

Reply to
bizbee

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:10:41 GMT in , "Robb S via CarKB.com" graced the world with this thought:

Well, I went to Home Depot, which is probably bigger than any electrical supply house in the San Francisco Bay area, and everything that everyone has has printing on it.

Reply to
bizbee

I used electrical tape. I don't think there is any such thing as "roll bar tape" which explains why the guys at teh 4x4 shops look at you with a glazed stare.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

They do make canvas roll bar covers that go on with a zipper. These look much better than the tape looks, and you can take them off to clean underneath.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I like those, they have foam padding and are really great when you go digging for something in the back in the dark....

Mike

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Here's an alternative to tape:

I usually see it attached with zip ties.

Another avenue to explore is bicycle handlebar tape (tape or cork) if you really want to wrap something.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:16:52 -0400 in , Mike Romain graced the world with this thought:

I like them too, although they cost a hell of a lot more than a $5 roll of tape... plus, it's not a stock roll bar, unfortunately

Reply to
bizbee

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:09:46 -0700 in , "Jeff Strickland" graced the world with this thought:

That was where I heard the term roll bar tape, actually. Up to that point, I was referring to it as 2" vinyl tape...

Reply to
bizbee

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:44:40 GMT in , B a r r y graced the world with this thought:

Actually, mine as attached with black vinyl tape...

I don't think I have enough time, money or patience to use handlebar tape... holy crap, I'd need about 1000 rolls of it!

Reply to
bizbee

At work we have 2'' wide grey vinyl tape (we also have yellow) its made by

3M, we use it to cover engine inlet screens and pneumatic ducts when we don't have available covers.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:59:56 -0400 in , "Snow" graced the world with this thought:

that's pretty much what I'm looking for, but in black. I can't remember the 3M number for it off the top of my head, too lazy to look it up, but yes, that's the stuff. Of course, about the only thing I've been able to find is people that want to sell me a case for $200.... lol I guess I could tape all the cars in the neighborhood... If I ever find this shit, rest assured, I'll let everyone know, just in case. I told the guy at Ace Hardware they should stock it, they'd be the only people in the county that had it.

Reply to
bizbee

Dude, look up a wholesale plumbing house.....forget home depot....they have the 3M stuff you want....2".. 4"... No stickey and no letters...look up ferguson.....used to be famillian...nation wide... it's all good.......and put some 1/2" insulation on and tape it up...... GLORY Ciao'

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 01:20:49 GMT in , "Robb S via CarKB.com" graced the world with this thought:

without being sticky, how will it stick to the rollbar? All this stuff is already in place, I'm just looking to cover the old worn-looking crap with new tape.

Home Depot's plumbing department is bigger than any plumbing supply houses around here--at least retail ones, in any case, but thanks.

Reply to
bizbee