Where do the wires come out?

I found the rectangular plugs on the upper corners of the rollbar. Where do the wires to the soundbar come out? Where is the lower plug?

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Under the carpet near the tunnel. Cut the carpet where you feel a bump. Use an axe. You are working on a 43 Ford panel van, right?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yup. That's what I get for posting while tired!

I'll look at the bottom of the roll bar again.

-Scott '97 TJ SE

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

I'm just pulling your leg. Same old story. Year, make, model, and if you are selling something, location.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Well I have gone over every inch of the sport bar in my '97 TJ Wrangler. If the wires to the sound bar come out of those rectangular openings, I can't find where the wires would enter the sport bar.

I may just use some wire loom to get wires from the Tuffy 041 console to the Tuffy 048 overhead console when they get here.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Mine run under the pads on the bar.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I don't think they are 'allowed' to run wires through the sport bar for structural integrity. I don't think holes are allowed. I could be mistaken but...

Note the hole for the seat belt is a welded tube with the bolt going through that.

If I remember right, the ones I have seen were run under the padding.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

OK. I didn't want to pay $500 for an AM/FM radio in 1997 so I got it blank. I have no padding over the sport bar. I wonder what those rectangular holes were for? They are on the back side near the bend on the top straight part of the tube. Yes, the bolts are run through tubes for the seat belts. I'll just do the wire loom thing to connect the consoles together. I'll try to take pictures and post them so others can get ideas for securing and mounting ham/cb/scanner/audio equipment.

-Scott '97 TJ SE

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

I think that might be the back side of the mount for the sport bar section that runs to the windshield. That bar section is removable for when you want to drive with the windshield folded down.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

It's the "roll bar" that's against the NHRA rule book to have an open hole. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I was out messing with mine today taking the carpet out of it. Try looking on the passenger side, about 6" up from the floor, just about the seatbelt mechanism on the outboard side of the verticle bar.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Chrysler started calling the roll bar a "sport bar" some time in the late 80's or early 90's. One person at the local dealership explaned the change to me as CYA lawyer-speak in case the bar failed in a rollover or collision. The firewall became the bulkhead, too.

/herb

#> I don't think they are 'allowed' to run wires through the sport bar for #> structural integrity. I don't think holes are allowed. I could be #> mistaken but... #>

#> Note the hole for the seat belt is a welded tube with the bolt going #> through that. #>

#> If I remember right, the ones I have seen were run under the padding. #>

#> Mike #> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 #> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... #> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! #> Jan/06

(More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)# # # #-- #Posted via a free Usenet account from
#

Reply to
Herb Leong

And I thought a "bulkhead" was on a boat. Thanks Herb. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:41:33 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

A bulkhead is what is on your shoulders, Stupid.

:> And I thought a "bulkhead" was on a boat. Thanks Herb. :>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:>

:>> Chrysler started calling the roll bar a "sport bar" some time in :>> the late 80's or early 90's. One person at the local dealership :>> explaned the change to me as CYA lawyer-speak in case the bar :>> failed in a rollover or collision. The firewall became the :>> bulkhead, too. :>>

:>> /herb

Reply to
24Bit

It's not. It's on a ship.

Reply to
Shirley U. Jeste

Would you two please not roll your personal shit fest into my thread. Thank you.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

I've come to the conclusion that there are no lower holes on the sport bar in a '97 TJ. Wires must have gone under the padding that I don't have on that bar. Thanks to all who took a look for me.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

In article , Shirley U. Jeste wrote: #On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 00:41:33 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote: # #> And I thought a "bulkhead" was on a boat. # #It's not. It's on a ship.

Depends on the boat. Some boats have them, some don't.

A example would be US Navy submarines. They are always considered boats and they have several watertight bulkheads throughout their hulls.

Also, many larger boats in the more common sense of the word have bulkheads as well.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Thanks much; I'm not the most maritimical person on the planet.....

I do know, however, that if you refer to a 'ship' as a 'boat' you run the risk of having a rusty old hook shoved up your nose.....

Harrrrr, matey!

Reply to
Shirley U. Jeste