2003 Kia Sorento drive belts

Hello, has anyone here attempted to or has already replaced their drive belts on a '03 Kia Sorento? I have a '03 Sorento LX with approx 45K miles on the odo. I took a quick glance in the engine compartment and it seems like there are 3 drive belts without an automatic tensioner pulley. Plus couldn't find or locate a belt routing diagram in the engime bay. Are these belts difficult to replace. Seems like they aren't all that simple to replace so the labor involved is probably going to cost me when the time comes to replace them.

Reply to
Tony R

Just wondering what makes you feel the belts need changing? Do they show signs of wear?Cracking?Making noise? Here is some Sorento sites that have many owners with answers>

madmax

I agree 60K replacment is unneeded. Many have 100K+ on their timing belts and are still running just fine. I think the 60k is just a (cover your butt item for the engine Mfg.s.

Reply to
Dave Kind

Yes, but some engines are harder on timing belts than others. I know of some engines where the recommended maintenance interval is 40,000 and that is pushing it.

The problem is, with interference engines, you just don't want to take the chance. Those crazy timing belts have a way of delivering their message the hard way.

The intervals are indeed different from vehicle to vehicle, and I doubt that those numbers are selected randomly. Okay, some may look fine at 60,000, but with an interference engine, where would you still feel comfortable at -

70? 80? 90? It's not like you can carefully inspect it whenever you want. At some point I would just go paranoid.

Funny thing - I had a Chrysler that had a scheduled interval of 105,000 - pretty generous. But two different belts broke at just over 90,000. Fortunately, that was a non-interference engine, and no problem to get taken care of.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Reply to