Best Rated threads in Cars by Kiashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 Kia Sephia transmission problem
For the past week my 96 Kia sephia (yes the famous lemon model) has been having odd behavior problems. Everytime I make a full right turn..........the engine sputters and usually dies out. I usually...

Optima V6 Speed sensor-where is it
I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does anyone know where it is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 for the online manual to see if it has the info otherwise, just...
5
5

Sorento airbag warning light
Wondering if this has happenned to other Sorento owners out there... I have a 2003 Kia Sorento, at approx 19K miles the airbag warning light came on and won't shut off. Took it to a local dealer and...
7
7

sorento pcv valve location
thx. i'll try and take another look at it sometime this week to see if i can find it based on those drawings. can't see much of the top of the engine since the intake covers majority of it.
2
2

2001 kia sportage power loss
ok i have a 2001 kia sportage it starts fine and idle normal but when you drive there is a definate power loss!!! going over 3000 rpm is a problem the car will not go faster than 50 mph and takes alot...
1
1

Kia 2004 Sorento oil change
Can anyone tell me what size oil filter i need. Also how to change my own oil the book tells me to use 10-40 oil Thanks
10
10

KIA Sedona Block Heater Cord
We bought a 2004 KIA Sedona - and have never had to use a block heater until now. I have checked - and for the life of me I cannot find the block heater cord. Any hints for me on where it might be? I...
1
1

KIA Sedona 2002. Stuttering, running rough, hesitation.
About a week ago I started the KIA (rainy and in the 40s) and it was running rough under acceleration. It never stalled though. I filled it up and put some STP fuel injector cleaner in it. Upon...
8
8

2000 Kia Sephia Idle's Rough and sluggish accelleration
Hello all, I am by no means a "car guy". By that I mean, I can do minor repairs but I wouldn't know where to begin to overhaul the engine. I have a 2000 kia sephia with close to 150k miles on it....
4
4

All 4 doors lock by themselves
Hello, I have a 2004 Kia Sorento and every time after you lock the doors and then unlock them, all the doors immediately lock them selves on their own. When you use the clicker or the door key, as...
3
3

2003 Kia Rio squealing in reverse!
I have a 2003 Kia Rio that always squeals when I reverse. It never does it in forward. The squeal is coming from the from wheel area on both sides. If the car is just sitting in the driveway, not...

2002 Kia Sedona engine stalling
My 2002 Kia Sedona engine keeps stalling when I stop on the highway. It seems like it won't idle properly. I had a Kia dealer install new spark plugs, wires, timing belt, drive belt, charcoal...
1
1

2004 Auto Sorento, with a clunk noise
When I stop in my Sorento, and then take my foot of the brake to start again i get this clunk nosie coming from the Automatic gearbox or transfer case. Has any body had this problem, what do i do to...
4
4

2002 kia rio engine removal question
i am assuming the engine has to come out the bottom? the reason i ask i have the engine ready to fall out but the studs (dumb idea ) will not slide back or let the engine come up high enough. any info...

2001 2.4 Optima Hesitation/Stalling Help?
It hasnt stalled yet, but during idle and acceleration there is serious hesitation and sputtering. It is getting really bad. We took it into the dealer (55kmiles) and asked for a diagnosis (they...
5
5

2001 Kia Sephia remote keyless entry programming
Does anyone know where I can get the programming instructions for remote keyless entry for the 2001 Kia Sephia?

2004 Kia Sorento questions
Dear all, I recently purchased 2004 Kia Sorento EX in Long Island earlier this month. I wonder if you might be able to answer my question: The multi-meter display attached on the ceiling displays the...
4
4

Sedona Rust !!
Is anyone out there aware of a chronic problem with rust on Kia Sedona's that Kia dealers have been notified of but cover up?? My Kia Sedona EX has rusted on the back door around the chrome fixture...
8
8

Re: 1995 Kia Sephia Overheating
make sure the electric fan on the radiator works. It should cycle on and off as engine temperature rises and falls. It should DEFINATELY be running when the car is "overheated". If it's not, then...
2
2

Do 265/70R16 fit on the Kia Sorento EX?
Hi! Has anyone tried to fit bigger tires on their Sorento? I would like 265/70 R 16 on the standard 7x16 alloy wheels, but am not sure if the tire with the bigger diameter (~ 1.1") and wider section...