Latest threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carb linkage question - Beamends perhaps?
The plastic fitting on the throttle link rod between my carbs has split, hence my 101 is running on sellotape (liberally applied to keep the split end together)!! Craddocks list ERC7744 as a carb...
5
5

LANDROVER 90 TD5
Hi All Can any one tell me the opening temperature of a thermostat ? And do they still do Summer/winter Stats? Metwo

300 tdi intercooler
Hi all Are the disco 300 and defender 300 intercoolers the same and whats the best way to clean them internally Thanks in advance Icky
8
8

So how long have we got
Before the road tax becomes more than equal to the second hand value of our prized possesions? I figure that if road tax were imposed at punitive levels retrospectively (and I don't suppose that there...
51
51

Smiths Oil Pressure Gauge help please - S3 2.25 petrol
Hi. S3 2.25 petrol. I have got a smiths oil pressure gauge. I would guess the sender /switch has gone as it reads max when ignition is on and zero when switched / disconnected. Question is where can I...
2
2

plastic brake/clutch fluid reservoirs (101/series 3)
Sorry for the glut of 101 questions but i have decided that next month is going to be 'get the damn 101 back on the road month!' as I have a wedding transport job on in it :D The 101 has plastic brake...
23
23

v8 coolant temperature sender location
on the 101 the sender for the water temperature is located after the thermostat which means that it doesnt actually start reading for ages after you start the engine. it scares me when i dont see it...
4
4

King Pin or Swivel Pin
At Reggies MOT, whilst my welding was OK, I have an advisory on the Front Nearside "King Pin or bush". As I said in an earlier post I am a weekend mechanic! Now my Rover P4 110 has "King Pins" however...
7
7

Small Boast
I'm a bit of a weekend mechanic (although I also build 7.25" steam locomotives as a hobby), so a couple of weeks ago, putting a new crossmember (with extensions) on the Defender 110 CSW was more than...
5
5

another question about paint.
just put a coat of caledonian blue tekaloid enamel on my bulkhead but its not looking like caledonian blue. this is the bulkhead this is caledonian blue the enamel supposed to look like that? its kind...
1
1

Defender TD5 Clutch
My 2002 defender had been standing a while. I got in to drive it and my clutch only got some bite right at the bottom and I stalled it about 4 times. I topped up the fluid and it got a bit better but...
2
2

Ping Richard at Beamends - your email is bouncing
Hi Richard, just tried to email you at and got a bounce. I'm trying to find an auxiliary switch panel kit for my SIII to put all those extra bits onto without hacking the dash, original part number...
12
12

Loss of power 300Tdi
Hi I was dirving home with a trailer yesterday and I found that I had significantly less power than usual. Vehicle is a 96 300Tdi Disco SerI. After recent posts, I suspected in no particular order:...
7
7

P38a EAS rechip saga
I'm getting on with my little project to make my EAS work by replacing the computer (after two and a half years of the dealer phoning Land Rover for help) and it's beginning to work quite well but,...
2
2

Home safe- Unofficial North Wales.
Well another weekend under our our belt. For those who went Off roading Nige and Andy sorry it was such a let down, I was well miffed. Apart from the manky weather it was othewise a good do! Saturday...
60
60