Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

freelander clunking
Hi, I have a 1.8 freelander, it has just started to emit a big clunk noise when I go fwd or reverse, symptoms would be like a brake seizing, but the wife says the wheels don't appear to lock up. The...
13
13

200TDi Temperature - too hot?
Out of interest how hot does your 200TDi run when running at 70mph, i.e. Motorway driving? Mine is a 1992 90 hard top, stock 200TDi with 235x85 BFG AT rubbers. On flatish ground it will happily...
31
31

Bluetooth connection Freelander 2
Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question because nobody at Land Rover themselves seem to know... worryingly. I understand the concept of the hands-free bluetooth system in the vehicle (mine...
8
8

How to remove speedo cable from rear of dash?
So after studying it for a while I still can't work out how to disconnect the speedo cable from the dash on my Defender 90. There's a plastic end on it which just spins round and round but does not...
11
11

Injector Pump Timing - Nissan LD 28
Hi All I am busy having above engine rebuilt and have been unable to get the injector pump timing settings anywhere. I am not too clued up on diesels yet, but I am told that it is a setting that...
1
1

High tensile bolts 8.8 v A2-70 stainless
I have just swapped the bolts on my Safety Devices role cage for stainless (the old ones were rusty). I then got thinking whether they are strong enough. The original bolts are 8.8 grade and the...
5
5

Discovery TDI smoke and power loss
I have a 1997 Discovery 300 TDI that I've had from almost new. I'm in London, UK. The Disco is not used a lot these days but is NOT used for short stop/start around town journeys; it's mainly for...
21
21

Tyre sizes equivalent to 750-16 ?
Hi Can anyone tell me what is the most equivalent modern size to the standard 750-16 I have on my 110. I need to replace them soon and want some MTs and need to know what size will fit without any...
18
18

Valve adjustment 300Tdi
Hi just a couple of brief questions. When adjusting or checking the clearances of the valves on a Discovery 300 Tdi, should the engine be warm/hot or cold? Second question, is the recommended gap...
7
7

SIII clutch adjustment
Jumped into the SIII this weekend for a drive around and a bit of greenlaning, but the clutch kept fading and dissapearing. I had a similar problem 6months ago. Could not disengage clutch at times,...
3
3

Handbrake lock for Defender
Whilst looking at all those shiny-nearly-new-forget-it-too-much landies going through Brightewells auction, I noticed one parked up with a tidy handbraek lock. It clamped over the lever, and IIRC was...
3
3

Discovery 1 Seat Upgrade
Has anyone put front and rear seats from a DII into a DI, Getting grief about rear seats not having proper headrests in my DI Thanks Martyn
4
4

Series 3 emergency brake adjustment
Anybody got a good link to adjusting the emergency/parking brake on a 1973 Land Rover Series 3? Two shops here in the states said "never seen that before". Any help will be greatly appreciated....
21
21

TD5 Rocker Cover Bolts - What torque??
Im going to replace my injector loom tonight, was just wondering what torque to re-do the rocker cover bolts to? Thanks Jon
3
3

Freelander Gearbox, Transfer Box noise Help!!!
Hi I have a 98 Petrol 1.8 Freelander. A few months ago started a noise which sounds almost like the front brake pads metal rubbing on the disks all the time. Even when I am doing just 1 mile per hr...
2
2

Ferm mig 150??
I am thinking of getting the Ferm Mig 150 Turbo from Screwfix. Seems cheap at £199 incl. VAT and delivery. But the description on ScrewFix's site is a bit vague and I can't find a full specification...
5
5

Sinking Defender break pedal... No fluid loss!?!
Hi all, Another problem has reared its head with my new (to me) TD5 90. For those that dont know its a 2000 model with 33,000 miles. Since off-roading at Driffield this weekend I now have very crap...
15
15

Gear Stick Shake !!!
Got a 2001 Freelander TD4 which appears to have just developed a fault. When I accelerate between 2000 & 3000 rpms the gear stick begins to shake quite badly, there appears to be a faint sound as...
2
2

Freelander Audio System
Hello All, I have found an interesting problem with the freelander (yet another one). If I fade all the audio to the front, I appear too loose all the bass, Fade it to the back bass comes back. Now...
10
10

Freelander TD4 Lack Of Power
04 TD4 Freelander with lack of power from 1800 revs or so. Starts and idles fine. Foot flat to the floor from 1800 revs or so and it'll get to 2000 and pretty much stay there unless the auto box kicks...
15
15