Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Late TD300 or Early TD5 Disco?????
Hi ....I've heard/read various comments that early TD5 Discos are better avoided because of various mechanical concerns that emeged in the first 2 years or so of production of the TD5 engine. Several...
15
15

P38 Autobiography 4.6
Found one at a local garage in utterly mint condition. It's a 1996 Autobiography with 92,000 genuine miles with every bill ever etc. The best thing is it had a new engine (guess why!) less than 2000...
4
4

Axle dry as a bone!
Just got back from Japan & had a look under the 88" The repairs haven't worked for the porous rear axle & there is a nice oil slick in the works car park!!! I fear there is no oil in the damn thing...
3
3

Oil light flickering at idle
Hi folk Just started today..... 1998 110 defender, oil light at dead idle is flikering. Slight revs makes it stop, also noticed that this was not consistant, ie, for about an hour of the 3 hours...
16
16

Freelander TD4 oil
I need to top up the engine oil and am not cetain as to what is currently in there. Is there any problem with mixing different oils, whether they be synthetic or non synthetic?
5
5

Crankshaft bolt size
2.5NA 1985 12j engine. Anyone know the pulley bolt socket size. Yours Gmacz
8
8

starter motors and positive to negative earth conversion
My mate is in the process of rebuilding an old petrol 2A, and in the process is converting it to negative earth. Its all fairly obvious except for the starter motor. Will this just work as normal if...
9
9

Centrifugal oil filter
There's lots of Special Waste generated in car dealerships and they have to have proper means of disposal. This generally means a commercial waste company collects it on a milk-round basis and then...
32
32

Seat belt anchor - any ideas??
I want to put a forward facing seat in the back of my 90, it will be possible to easily remove this by pulling out a pin along the side of the seat where it mounts to the top of the wheel box. I do...
4
4

series external sun visor fitting
hiya, just got a second hand external sun visor, and was wondering, before i actualy go out in the cold. is there a pdf doc or anything out there on the web that shows the correct fitting, or does...
9
9

Are all freelanders this s**t!? Read this history!!
Freelander Td4 ES - Reg March 2002, Owned by me since March 2004 (6 months) 13th March Car purchased from Dealer at inflated price which is supposed to reassure you of its quality and dealer...
7
7

2.5 litre sherpa diesel no-start
Hi All, Just finished rebuilding after replacing the hotspots in my landy cylinder head. Damn thing won't start! I have bled the fuel filter using the lift pump, and found one bleed screw on the...
14
14

Rust-proofing Defender (door pillars)
I'm planning on doing some rust-proofing to my 1987 110. It's pretty much rust-free but there are a few spots that have a bit of surface rust and that I want to get at with POR-15 before applying some...
3
3

Rooftents - Hannibal or Eezi-Awn ???
Im looking to go to France and Italy next year with the landy (90) and the mrs. I was going to just take our telly-tubby style dome tent but then after reading the recent article in LRO magazine I'm...
17
17

Defender 90 cambelt
Hi to you all, this is my first posting but I am after advice on changing the cam belt on my 1989 defender 90. I have never done one before but am up for the challenge. What I need to know is do I...
10
10

lt230 & overdrives
Does anyone drive a TD landrover with the lt230 transfer case plus an overdrive. If so do they really improve the economy and can you still pull a trailer on the motorway in overdrive, say 60mph.......

S111 2 1/4 engine 'popping' on deceleration
Hi all, Just returned from holiday towing a trailer tent for the first time. S111, 21/4 petrol ( 3 bearing), great surfing in Wales :-) When going down hill the engine started 'popping'. Only happens...
8
8

Weight of Brownchurch full roofrack?
Hi all, Would anyone know offhand the weight of a full-length galvanized Brownchurch roofrack for Defender 110? Mine has the support members that attach the front and rear of the roofrack to lower...
1
1

Superchips on Series 1 Discovery
Anybody try out a superchip on the 4.0 engine. I can't find anything on the superchips website about there even being one but the new RoversNorth catalog has one for $499. Hud
2
2

3.9EFI 1986 Range Rover For Sale
Hi All My Range Rover has just failed its MOT and now I have a Defender 90 I don't have the money to spend on getting it fixed. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the engine (failures were...