Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

300TDi Fuel pump adjustment
I have a 1993/4 300Tdi 110 CSW which I think is very down on power. I have had it almost 1-1/2 years now and it has been like this since I got it. The previous owner 9according to his records) had it...
7
7

defender swivel balls
hiya, just looked at my balls, and being off an old defender/90 they are quite pitted and rusty, can you buy new chrome swivel balls for 90`s/defenders. if not, what are you supposed to do with rusty...
33
33

Different engine / box
On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 17:57:40 +0100, "Paul Tasker" enlightened us thusly: V8 plus 4-speed auto out of a range rover... you know it makes sense... :-) OK, you might have "fun" fitting it in a...
11
11

Thick purple wire?? D90
I am wiring up a replacement tub to my smashed D90 pickup and it is coming along nicely. I have the rear lights on one side wired up and am about to start on the other side. Only thing is I have a fat...
5
5

Black smoke on acceleration
I accelerate/rev hard and get black sooty smoke, is this my knackered old injectors? -- Regards. Mark.(AKA, ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man,...
8
8

Tropical / Safari roof's on Defenders?
Greetings All, Has anyone ever heard of a tropical / safari roof on a Defender? I know that with the advent of Defenders LR started putting the reinforcing struts on the inside of the roof, instead of...
8
8

LT95 Overdrive Manual
Hi I'm looking for a copy of the LT95 overdrive manual - anyone got a copy ? if so could they scan it for me or does someone know of a copy somewhere online (my searches have produced nothing) This is...

Head Bolt & Loctite
Should I use loctite on my head bolts? LR manual, section 12 suggest the application of loctite. Rather than the steel gasket I used the composite type, the directions that came with the new style...
6
6

RR Classic Interior Lights Problem
Hi All I have a 1990 Range Rover Vogue 3.9 EFi. The problem I have is that the two interior lights stay on constantly, I cannot turn them off at all. Can someone help me in locating the problem and...
6
6

90 n/a D smoke
Thought I'd do the cam belt before I played with the inj pump timing and stuff. Did the seals on cam and crank while I was at it. As I lined up the dots before i removed the belt, the crank and pump...
2
2

SRS Light
The SRS warning light in my Discovery Td5 keeps coming on it is probably on about 75% off the time. What could the problem be please. Any ideas
1
1

Range Rover Classic Radio Connections
I have bought a 1990 Vogue EFI 3.9 Auto. My problem lies in the fact that the last owner decided to take his radio with him. The trouble is instead of normally disconnecting it he cut the wires to get...
3
3

LT85 5th gear noise
Having just taken BigBlue round the block and got it into 5th and discovered how quiet it is compared to 5th in Rudolph. I'm kind of questioning wether Rudolph is typical of other LT85's? 1st to 4th...
4
4

Freelander High Tail Light
I need to change the bulb in my high tail brake light. The problem is the three screws that hold the unit together are all rusty and have been rounded. Can anyone sugest away of undoing these rounded...
7
7

M6 Toll
Evening all, I live at the Craddocks end of the M6 toll and after the incident the other day when a woman was charged £5 for a Nissan Terrano, I've been looking into what the charges for my 110 would...
16
16

TD4 air flow metre problems
Has anyone with TD4's had any problems with their air flow metres (MAP sensor) in England? If so, what symptoms are you having and what brand of fuel are you using? We've had a few here in Oz and was...
1
1

2 different books "Working in the Wild: Manual for Africa"?
Source 1: "Working in the Wild: Land Rover's Manual for Africa", Rover Group Ltd Product Details: Paperback 230 pages (October 2003) Publisher: Bentley Publishers; ISBN: 0837610400 Source 2: Land...
4
4

Fairey Freewheeling Hub stuck. Advice Please.
How much force should I use to turn a stuck freewheeling hub? Anyone broken one trying to shift it? Fortunately it's stuck on the '4x4' position rather than the '4x2' position but I guess at some...
4
4

Second gear strangeness
Hi peeps. Ok, I'm getting a bit worried about this now, even though the local dealership failed to find any problems when they gave me a "free health check"[1]. Basically, on my '94 300TDi Disco, 2nd...
14
14

Bike Rack for a Defender
I want to buy a bike rack to go over the spare wheel of my Defender. Is there a particular one I should go for? Thanks James
7
7