Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Freelander SWB / LWB?
I am considering getting a Barjo dog kennel for my Freelander and have seen different ones for the "SWB" and the "LWB". I was under the impression the wheel base was identical on the 3 door and 5 door...
1
1

300TDI glow plugs
After FREEZING my nuts off at 10pm tonight i managed to replace 3 of the 4 glow plugs on my 300TDI Disco BUT am i right in thinking that i have to remove the AC pump to replace No.1 plug? Cant believe...
7
7

Fuel Additives in a 300TDi
Does anyone use any fuel additives in a 300TDi to clean injectors / improve power / fuel consumption / anything else, and recommend it?
8
8

5speed g/box on a series 2.25 engine?
My mate wants to put a 5 speed box on his series 2.25 petrol engine. Since i'm waiting for him to get his 'project' finished so that I can use the garage, I thought i'd start finding out what he needs...
8
8

painting Series I - sandblasting to remove paint?
Any ideas about where I could buy or hire a powder blaster? The only thing ive found so far is Whichseems resonable at £23 (same as 1 tin of nitromors..) Would any grit blaster take powder too?, and...
19
19

Greenlaning Scotland?
"Paul S. Brown" wrote > I had definitely intended to ask about, especially in whatever turns out to be my local for the week. Its amazing how much interest you can generate just pulling up in a Land...
21
21

removing fairey free wheeling hubs
hi newby on his first 110 5 door V8 stage one Series landy needs advice on removing fairey free wheeling hub......first how are they removed...they do not stay in 4X4 and second what parts do i need...
5
5

Skimming a 300TDi aluminium head
I have a 300Tdi head which is seriously warped. Combine this with a cylinder block which has had new liners installed and the top skimmed. Can any one advise how much you can really skim off the head?...
9
9

300Tdi + timing belt problem
Excuse me for dredging up long forgotten stories, but I fear my '98 Disco 300 Tdi (6o K km) suffers from the congenital fuel injection pump misalignment and the resultant premature timing belt wear...
15
15

Defender Td5 electric window failure
Hi, I was on this group before but haven't been on for a while. The 2002 D90 was a joy but I needed more space so recently purchased a 2005 td5 Defender 110 with 55,000 miles. I am having fun catching...
3
3

Injector pump moise, 300tdi, LR90
"since July this year, I've been running a mix of transesterified veg oil at between 40 and 60% mixed with DERV? Or was the pump on it's way out anyway? I've had the vehicle since 2000 and had no fuel...
8
8

Waterproofing Discovery and Defender TDi 300
Hi Everyone, After a bit of advice from you extremely knowledgely people! I'm the station manager of the SARA Lifeboat and Mountain Rescue Station in Chepstow ( since Friday all threestations have...
13
13

Freelander Auto Clunk and Jerk when cold
I have an 02 Freelander V6 ES 2.5 and it has done 50k miles and has been regularly serviced, most recently 4000miles ago. A couple of days ago I noticed after a trip to some mountains (on road) that...
10
10

Stephen Hull - PAINT GOD!
Decided that my tired old (once) Sankey could do with a bit of a makeover. Ordered (yes, I know) some custom made machine enamel from Stokes in Sheffield - Light Brunswick Green - on the swatch it...
7
7

Windshield Wipers stuck in the middle of the windshield
Hello All I have a 1996 4.0 and I have just started experiencing a problem with the windshield wipers. They work, however when you turn them off they stop to rest in the middle of the windshield. It's...
3
3

tyre pressures land rover series III LWB
Looked on google and it just came u with tons of rubbish don't have owners book and garage signs don't list old land rovers so any SIII owners know? Its an ex-MOD LWB 1979 thanks
3
3

Series 3 temperature sender - different types?
I recently replaced the temp sender on my 1980 2.25 109, as it was reading high (just touching red) on the guage. The result: an even higher reading. Checking the Hanes, there's a note about late S3s...
10
10

Fairey Overdrive Oil?
Can anyone tell me what oil I should use to top up a fairey overdrive? Thanks, someone.
2
2

Range Rover ignition timing
RR 88 3.5 efi auto petrol/lpg Hi all, I'm trying to get the timing set, but it keeps wandring off! Added to that I don't 'exactly' know what to set it at as there are varying answers - the good old...
2
2

Series 2a clutch replacement - can it be done this way?
Hi all Clutch on my Series 2a has finally given up the ghost and I need to get in there and replacethe plate and bearing. Previously I have done this whilst having the whole engine/gearbox out but I'd...
6
6