Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transmission trouble 2000 ES 300
Hi. I have a 2000 ES300 with 88K and the transmission is acting very stange. It doesn't change gears rieght away and I just tried to put it in reverse and it wouldn't catch at all until, it was like...
4
4

98 Lexus ES300 RPM Problem
I have 98 Lexus ES300 with 77,000 miles. Here is my problem. The car starts and cranks fine and runs fine usually. But sometime right after I start the car and it is still in park the RPM gauge drops...
1
1

98 Lexus ES300 with AVS
I am buying a used 1998 Lexus ES300 77000 Miles with the AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension). I am wondering if the AVS system is reliable? Does it have a lot of problems? Because it would probably be...
2
2

RX300 Rear Axle Seals Leaking
Greetings, I drive an 03 Lexus RX300. For the last year, I've had my maintenance done at a local Toyota dealer who I like better than my "local" Lexus dealer (if you can call a 20 mile drive "local")....

IS300 CD changer jammed
I was changing CDs on my '02 with in-dash CD changer and it started making some pretty ugly noises. When I tried to switch the CD I was playing, that one didn't work either. Now I have CDs 1, and 2...
5
5

LS400 1993 Parking Brake
Hello I test drove an LS400 1993 yesterday and found two apparent problems: - Parking Brake would not come back to its original position after being released. I had to drag it back by putting my foot...
4
4

Lexus Navigation DVD Disc Nav Disk Gen4 V 4.1
This is an Original OEM Toyota/Lexus Navigation Map DVD. It is the 2004 version, and will update your map information on older model vehicles with Generation 4 systems. The part number is 86271-33043,...

1MZFE surging rpm.
98 1MZFE engine has a intermittent problem with surging rpm, it only happens after driving for at least 20 mins. At idle it sounds like it will stall but never does, when driving you can feel the...

rx 330 setting radio station?
I just got a CPO RX 330 w/Levinson sound system upgrade, but when I push the button to set the radio station, it just selects what's already there. I tried turning the radio off/on, but still can't...
2
2

2005 ES 330, Hesitation and Jerk
I would like to know if anyone has had the software update or modification for the transmission to remedy the hesitation and jerk when you step on the gas after turning or slowing down? Lexus issued a...
9
9

2005 ES-330 have hesitation prolbems?
Are there any owners of the 2005 ES-330 that are having the hesitation problems? It looks like a great family car and rides wonderfully. Thanks -
16
16

Fuel Pump Resistor,1990 LS 400
There is a large resistor near the fuel pump relay. According to the schematics, it is powered when the fuel pump relay is de-energized. The current that would go to the fuel pump, then goes through...
2
2

Garage door opener Lex ES300 Year 2000
I* have read the manual 3-5 times and follow instructions exactly, but still the garage doors will not program, even though it does all the things it says in the manual. Such as wait until the light...
4
4

GS300 ABS Module
I am looking for a GS300 ABS Module(1999). Where could i find it, refurbished or new?
2
2

Engine runs rough above 40 mph
I have a 1991 Lexus es250 126000 mile engine that runs rough above 40 mph for a while, then runs smooth, then runs rough. Mechanics tuned it up and replaced spark plugs,ignition wires, distributor,...
15
15

VSC and Check Engine Warning Lights on
After spending over $1,000 on the 30,000 mile service and rear brake service on my 2003 RX 300 just 4 days ago, while I was driving home today the "Check Engine" light and "VSC" light went on. I hoped...
12
12

93 lexus GS300 - how do i change the spark plugs
Hello, I have a 1993 lexus GS300 It is inline 6 cylinder, a couple of the plugs are under this big grey (trac control i believe) piping. Whats the easiest way to change those two plugs? Diagrams or...
1
1

SC430 Tire sensor and non-run flats
The Lexus dealer where I have purchased my final set of run-flat tires is trying to scare me by suggesting that only they can mount new tires to my rims because of the pressure sensors! Can reputable...
2
2

Run Flat Tires for SC430?
I am looking for a replacement for my tires. I have the Bridgestone Potenza 245-40-ZR18 Run Flat and they are very rough and loud. I am looking for a better tire or somewhere I can get the trunk kit...
1
1

lexus suv commercial piano solo?
Hi. I saw a lexus tv commercial in usa. I believe it was about their suv line. There was a piano solo. It started off slowly and then at the end it got faster and sounded kind of rock-ish. I saw the...
4
4