Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 ES 250 Lexus Starter clicking
I have a 1990 ES250. The starter makes a repeated clicking noise when I try to start it. I thought it was a bad starter so I bought a new starter and put it in and its the same. Just repeated...
1
1

LS460 Still No Stand-Alone Compass?
My father just bot an LS460 with NAV and is REALLY PYZZED that they eliminated the stand alone compass that he had in his 2006 LS430 without NAV. In my 2004 LS430 with NAV, it's the same annoying...
3
3

2002 Lexus RX 300 navigation problem
Just recieved a new disc (the right one) for my RX. Installed it with key on and nav site says no disc. I need some help if any one can think of something else to do.
6
6

RX300 transmission, all wheels locked
My 2001 rx300 is an AWD with ETC. The car has only 67000 miles. yesterday I parked the car at a praking slot, went to get pizza , came back, put the car in reverse and it wont move. Tried different...
1
1

LS 400 Jump Start Disaster!
My 1990 LS 400 battery, an old unit, would barely crank the engine. My neighbor offered his pickup for a jump start. He attached the cables from his pickup to my car while I sat behind the wheel. He...
3
3

Lexus RX330 VIN Locations
I'm expecting to buy a 2005 Lexus RX330 this week. I have heard Lexus posts the VIN number in several places around the car and checking these VINs for consistency is a good way to verify the car...
3
3

Recharge A/C w/R-12 or convert to R-133?
Should I have the AC recharged with the R12 or is it better to convert the system to R133? About what $ would a shop charge to do each of these? (assuming no leaks) Its a 1990 LS400 with 220K miles on...
6
6

Coolant Flush Interval in LS430
I have a 2004 LS430 and was reviewing the maintenance. I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a recommended COOLANT FLUSH time/mileage period. Or did I miss it?
4
4

RX300 Ashtray light
The other day while driving at night I wanted to put something in my RX300's ashtray and had difficulties finding it. I vaguely recally the ashtray formerly having a dim green light that lit up when...
1
1

Lexus RX330 tyre wear
Hi Just bought a 2004 model with only 38000 K's on it and the tyres, original Michelins, seem to be fairly worn. Is this normal for this type of vehicle? I've only had passenger cars before and would...
5
5

SC400 Amp
Hi All, The amp in my 92 SC400 is fried. The model that I have is the NAKAMICHI PART/MODEL #B324ULOA. Just wondering if anyone knows what amps can replace this one (for example NAKAMICHI PART/MODEL...
2
2

2007 Lexus ES 350 Voice Command System
I have been having problems with the voice command feature on my ES 350. For example, if I say "75 degrees" to change the temperature, it will give me the location of Japanese restaurants (honest!) or...
5
5

reset low washer fluid warning message and light on 1999 lexus ls 400
How do I reset the low washer fluid warning message and light on dash display of my 1999 Lexus LS 400. The light and message came on properly to indicate that the fluid was low. I refilled the...
3
3

Overheating
AAL readers, I have a 1992 400LS well maintained with 120K miles on it. Recently I drove to Las Vegas from Los Angeles with the ambient temperature around 110 deg F (120 deg F in Baker) most of the...
8
8

GS300 Headlamp Adjustment
I have a new (2006) GS300. The low-beam headlights seem to be adjusted too low. On the highway, the beam hits the road about 30 feet away, and does not illuminate much further out than that. If an...
1
1

LS400 r12 / r134a
Anyone know what's involved in upgrading an R12 LS400 to R134a? Or is there a better way (substitute gas, etc) Thanks
5
5

98 LS 400 Lamp Failure Message Won't Go Off
My 98 LS400 has the lamp failure message on all the time. I had one high brake light burnt so I changed both of them. Still get the message. I checked all the other tail lights and they seem to be...
3
3

Lexus GS300 V Mercedes E320
In the market for a new luxury vehicle, I am trying to decide between the above 2. What do you Lexus guys think is the advantage of the GS300?
25
25

RX350--Love It, but a few nitpicks
Purchased a new RX 350 a few weeks ago. My first Lexus. And I absolutely love this car. Great power, terrific handling, and a very smooth ride. There are two things that I wish were different. For...
2
2

GS 400 V8 Timing Belts
I'm coming up on 90,000 miles. Anyone recently had their timing belts replaced? Wondering what the approximate cost will be. I had an ad from Toyota and they charge $279 for the Toyota V8 (same engine...
3
3