Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

lexus sc400 headlamp adjust
I had the headlights adjusted at the dealer and now they point so low, I can hardly see ahead at all. also, they had filthy hands and one of the light bulbs blew right away afterwards. i changed the...
3
3

RX-330 and Goodyear Eagle RS-A Tires
I just completed a 3000 mile trip with my RX-330. It seems as though the Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires are really sensitive to pavement conditions. When the road was not very smooth I could every bump and...
1
1

ES 330 Fuel Requirements (2023 Update)
Hello, I am considering an ES 330. Just one question, what grade of fuel is adequate in this model? The Lexus web-site says regular unleaded, and the dealer says 91 octane. Anyone had any experience...
15
15

RX330 compared to the RX300
Because of the Christmas holiday, I was able to have an RX330 loaner for 4 days while my RX300 was in for its 15,000 mile service. I had some time to compare the two, and overall, I prefer my RX300....
13
13

Lexus CD Player
I have a 2005 Lexus ES 330. A few days ago, I inserted a CD in the player and listened to some music while on the road. Afterwards, I attempted to eject the CD and it won't eject. I followed the...
4
4

Latest fix for ES300 hesitation/lag - opinions?
I got the amended fix for the 02-04 ES300 hesitation problem. It is an update to TSB TC004 (now called TC004-03). I've been driving with it for about two weeks. The fix directly addresses my major...
7
7

Regular Unleaded in a LS430? (2023 Update)
I've never owed a car that required Premium gas. I currently drive a Lexus ES 300, and it takes regular. I want to step up to a LS430, but just don't know if it "needs" premium. I work for a limousine...
24
24

Changing the transfer case oil - 2002 RX300
I'm having problems locating the fill plug for the transfer case. I believe I've found the drain plug (just off from the transmission drain plug). I found both the drain and fill plugs for the rear...
3
3

GS400 Brake bleeding HELP!!
Hey, I've just recently changed the front and rear pads on my 2000 GS400, and I bled the braking system(I've done other Toyota cars in the past with no trouble); used Toyota pads and brake fluid;...
2
2

P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
I live in Austin and own a 2001 LS 430 that I bought last year. For the most part, the car has run beautifully; credit to the gentleman that owned it before me. I took the car in for a state...
4
4

Lexus LS400 surging
2000 LS400 Today when driving into my driveway - about 20 yards - and slightly downhill so I enter with the brakes on a bit, the engine suddently revs up, and the car jumps forward 2-3 yards. I...
7
7

Lexus ES300 vs Acura TL
I am trying to decide between the 2005 Acura TL and the 2005 Lexus ES330. I know that they are different styles etc and some would say you either like one or the other. But I think there are pros and...
9
9

Turn Signal Sound
I have a 2005 Lexus ES330, and my wife has a 2004 Camry. On both cars, the turn signals sound is so low that we frequently forget to turn this off. It's very annoying to us and other drivers. Before...
33
33

Re: Lexus ES330 vs Camry XLE
The major differences between a Lexus and a Camry are as follows: - Variations of engine design (VVTi vs. non VVTi) - Transmission type (4 speed auto vs. 5 speed auto) - increased creature comforts -...
21
21

IS300 Excessive Valve Noise at Startup
Greetings I have a 4 month old IS300 that makes excessive engine valve noise for 2-3 seconds at startup. Has anyone else experienced this? I am trying to get Lexus to fix the car and they refuse --...
16
16

1999 RX-300 Antenna
Hello, This is the second time I am going to replace antenna in my RX300, first one broke, replacement worked for awhile and the string broke again, Is there anyway I can make it not to go up and down...
7
7

Where is Ign Coil D
Where is Ignition Coil D located in on a 2007 RX 350? Thanks in advance for your help. Don
7
7

Lexus LX470 won't start
Hi, I have a lexus lx470 year 1999, and the mileage is 70,000. I wanted to know if anyone can help me, because my suv wont start. I checked the starter relay, & the battery as well and they are both...
2
2

Lexus ES300 current drain ECM security module replacement
car has had recurring problem with battery dead after a few days of inactivity. battery & charging system test fine but lexus dealer states the trouble can be traced to "one of the back doors" and to...
3
3

1999 Lexus ES 300 computer engine issue -P1153
My neighbor did a test on my Lexus due to a check engine light on that just came on. It came back with a P1153 code as being an issue. He was real busy and would have to look more into it later. I was...
2
2