Does Lexus pick your car up from home for service?

The dealer claimed that they will do that for free, and give you a service loaner at your house.

Anyone ever use this service, and what did you (or would you) tip the guy dropping off the car?

Reply to
Verizon User

You may tip the porter any amount you choose. My point being is that the porter is not expecting a tip and will not be upset w/you if you do not tip. However, tipping the porter is customary and of course the polite thing to do. Bear in mind they are already being paid by the hour by the dealership. As for judging "how much" I would say $20 bux.

The service loaner is customarily available only to new purchasers. This is not a universal restriction, but is the most common. They're never tell you, "no." They'll merely apologize and tell you that all their loaners are already in use. Loaners are usually not available for body shop work unless it's a warranty repair. Your car insurance should cover the rental car for accident repair.

Reply to
New Owner

This is meaningless. It doesn't say anything.

What determines who gets a service loaner and who doesn't?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Sure it does. You just don't understand the point.

The dealer who sold you the car will pick up and deliver your car whenever you need service, routine or otherwise, and will drop off a free loaner. This special service is ONLY available from the dealer that you bought the car from.

Got it now, Mr. Nasty?

Reply to
David Z

But it isn't free in that you say one should pay the driver $20 for this?

Reply to
Verizon User

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

OK, but do they pick up and deliver?

Reply to
David Z

Two points you missed:

  1. I never said anything about that.
  2. Another poster (New Owner) said that, although the driver "is not expecting a tip and will not be upset w/you if you do not tip", he likes to tip.
Reply to
David Z

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Here we go: My regular dealership said that I had to have purchased the car from them in order to be eligible for the pick up and delivery service.

The second dealership said that the car need not have been purchased form them, but there is an additional service charge. The rate varies according to distance.

Given that my vehicle is no l> I will look into that and get back to you.

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

I've had an 2003 IS300 Sportcross since new. What do you mean by "service?"

I remember that my '98 Audi was in the shop once a week for "service," but I've never heard the expression used in relation to a Lexus.

Reply to
Cary Scheck

It's simply a matter of courtesy. It's a gratuity, same as you'd tip your barber/stylist or the kid who delivers your pizza or the valet parking attendant or the waiter in a fine restaurant.

However, understand that your fine new Lexus automobile is just a bit more than a pizza. Do as you wish, God knows the world is full of cheapskates and tightwads who make their living cheating others. You may think it's funny, except when you look around you're the only one laughing. In case you still haven't figured it out, people aren't impressed by stinginess and lose respect for you because you never once fail to demonstrate that you are a complete asshole who has no respect for others nor the things others do for you.

Yes, damnit, the guy or gal who brings the loaner to you and picks up your car *is* being paid by his/her employer, but that shouldn't mean that you can't show a little appreciation. At least he/she has a job and isn't begging for handouts. A $20 gratuity is absolutely fair and reasonable. If it was me delivering your car back to a tightass like you I'd make sure I farted in it, hauled some of my hoodlum friends around in it, screwed my girlfriend in the back seat and hot-rodded the piss out of it. Stupid sonuvabitches like you shouldn't be allowed to have fine things.

Reply to
New Owner

"A $20 gratuity is absolutely fair and reasonable."

My god, where are you from? Did you inherit all of your money? Let me tell you, its your money, but I absolutely will not give out that amount. Call me whatever you want to call.

Reply to
fpharryc

I was about to say you must be Jewish, but come to think of it all of my Jewish friends are fair tippers. I never inherited a penny, nor am I in line to. I get up at 4AM five days a week and work for a living. I know the value of a dollar. But I am also humble and like to show a

*reasonable* token of my appreciation when anyone does a personal service for me. With gasoline close to $2/gallon it doesn't bother me to tip the pizza kid $5, after all it's his car, his gas and his insurance. Once again, he HAS a job. He could be out selling dope on a street corner. Encourage the kid! I also tip waiters & waitresses 15% of the cost of the meal unless the service is poor, in which case I leave them a dime. That's to let them know that the service was poor rather than leave them with the mistaken impression that I didn't forget to tip.

Let me guess, you're not a church-goer or if you are you probably don't tithe or put anything in the collection basket. You probably also don't contribute to the Red Cross or The United Way, or The American Humane Assn., but cheat on your taxes.

Is it really going to gnaw at every fiber of your being for giving the porter a lousy 20 bux? It isn't 1960 anymore.

Reply to
New Owner

The problem today in our world is a lot of people got paid disproportionally to what they really worth. A lousy 20 bux? I feel so freightened!

Reply to
fpharryc

The point I was trying to make is that if you cannot afford to tip someone an appropriate amount, how in creation did you ever manage to buy a Lexus? Of course maybe I'm assuming facts not in evidence. Let's ask, do you even own a Lexus or are you just posting in the Lexus newsgroup as a troll?

Reply to
New Owner

no, it doesn't. What does "new purchasers" mean? Does it mean only those who purchase new cars? Does it mean only those who are new customers to the dealership?

At what point does a "new purchaser" become not a "new purchaser"? When does his car officially get to be "old"?

Which is way different from saying "new purchasers". Guess what: they'll do it for people who buy used cars from them, too. Are those people "new purchasers"?

When you use English, yes. When you don't, no.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Do you tip your copier service guy? Why not?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Go argue with yourself, you nasty bastard.

Reply to
David Z

A 15% tip on a meal is a lousy tip from where I am from, Mr Anti-Semite Big Tipper!

20% is standard-- more if better service-- and I am not talking about cheapo places- The average dinner bill for 2 where I am is $100-120. So I am absolutely not averse to tipping-- But I think it is ridiculous to tip $20 for a delivery that is free-

Reply to
Verizon User