Spare Tire Alternative

I was looking at the new Aston-Martin automobile this weekend. I ask them if they used flat-run tires and they said no. I asked if they had a spare tire and they did not, unstead had a compressor and tire repair kit in the trunk. This is the same that I have done on my SC430 when I replaced my run-flats.

Reply to
W. Wells

No offense intended, but the last thing I want to be doing at 2AM on a dark road is repairing a blown tire. Tires have a tendency to wait until the most inconvenient time possible to blow, and having to find out where the hole is (and if it's even repairable), and fix it, and then re-fill the tire is not high up on my agenda of fun things to do. Also, if you're a member of AAA (also known as the Lexus Roadside Assistance Plan), it's much easier to simply call them up and have them flip the tire. I'm pretty sure that they would not opt to repair the tire for you, and would wind up having to tow you somewhere (another heaping of inconvenience). JMO.

Reply to
Giga

Also, what about the 25% (my guess) of flat tires that cannot be repaired? Many times the damage is non-fixable.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

You call for helicopter or jump jet back up via your satellite phone, you never attempt to repair it yourself.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful