Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

stalling, throttle (gas) cuts out and then restarts
i have a v reg volkswagon polo 1.4lt, it keeps having a fault with the lamb= da sensor, which two garages have replaced, warning light still shows on ex= haust. theres seems to be be serious fault...
94
94

Paging Cash
Last year, you mentioned you had an SU HIF carb in your shed; is it still available?
8
8

Small amount of bodywork damage
5
5

2005 Ford Ka Overheating
Neighbour has a 2005 1.3 Ka with approximately 31,000 on the clock. It apparently overheated last week so has been sat in their garage since then. I'm going to have a look at it later for them. Is...
8
8

Go faster bike batteries
A mere £174.99 will get you this go faster bike battery.
1
1

fuel release mondero mk 4 borked - fuse or mechanical ? help needed
Hello Do any of you learned posters know which fuse or relay controls the fuel release on a mk 4 mondeo tdci ? or its a mechanical problem and its off with the boot trims Mines wont open boo hoo The...

Zafira radio code
I'm about to do some work on my Zafira B (1.9 CDTi) that requires the battery to be disconnected. Will I need a security code for the radio (CD30) when I reconnect it? There's no mention of it in the...
11
11

2005 Audi A6 electrical problem
Hi Simon I have the same problem as you, but dont really understand what you meant by your fix? Would you mind letting me know a bit more detail so I can fix my lights too, photo would be perfect if...
48
48

OT: Price of Saabs
Given that Saab have gone toes up, I kind of expected second-hand prices to tumble. It doesn't seem to have happened, or is it that asking prices are still high but buying prices lower?
5
5

Trace a leak in my Fiesta.
There is a small, but annoying leak from my Zetec Fiesta. I don't really know if it's oil, or PAS fluid, and would like to ask if anyone has seen this so often, that they can guess at the most likely...
2
2

Sometimes there is real satisfaction in a repair
Yesterday I had one of my regulars in: Ford Focus 1.8, one owner, yearly service. This year it was 10 years old (but only 63K) and the owner asked to have the cam belt done (as I had recommended last...
31
31

Mixing oils
Can you mix semi synthetic and fully synthetic oils together ? I ask as I spotted 4 litres of semi synthetic oil in tesco for £7.50 the cheapskate in me jumped out and thought hmm cheap but my 1.8 04...
1
1

astra oil change: sheered plug?
Hello, I crawled under the (1.4 petrol, 56 plate) Astra to unscrew the sump plug to do an oil change. The sump plug requires a T40 IIRC, but as I started to turn it, it felt as if the socket was...
12
12

Scrap value for 98 Corsa?
My niece has a 98 1.0 Corsa that needs a clutch, brakes, tyres, etc, more than a 18 year olds purse contains! (Clothes and McDonalds etc take priority....) She may be scrapping it, I would like to buy...
3
3

Change or clean spark plugs? Or just leave them?
What do most people do with their spark plugs nowadays? When I was a lad, you'd just clean them up a bit with wet-or-dry, close the gap up a bit, and put them back for a few more years. Haynes tells...
13
13