Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

using torque wrench replacing thermostat.
Today I replaced the thermostat on a 1994 toyota corolla. The only gasket I could see was a rubber ring that sits on the edge of the thermostat and gets sandwiched between the engine head and the...
2
2

Clutch noise?
I bled the brakes a couple of weeks ago (on my 2000 2.0L Focus) Zetec and with it the clutch hydraulic fluid as it's all part of the same system. Since bleeding the clutch fluid, when I depress the...
1
1

Free aircon improvement...
The other day I did an oil change on my 406. The nice people who did my clutch replaced some of the quick release fasteners for the undertray with nuts and bolts. The end result was that the job took...
1
1

How hard is it to repair blown head gasket on a S reg MGF
How hard is it to repair blown head gasket on a S reg MGF I have had quotes from garages of £1000. But what are the difficulties of doing it yourself. Does the engine have to be dropped out
4
4

Re: Car Tips & Tricks at Home, Do's and Don'ts, How To's and More !
I run my car on fresh air. All it takes is a little petrol, I mean Gasoline, to act as a catalyst.

Is it bad practice to have your foot covering the clutch?
Hi, I wonder if you could help settle an argument between my wife and I (at least this one is related to cars!). She drives with her left foot covering the clutch and says that she was taught this...
32
32

Can G.I. Joe Make It? What Do You Think?
Guys, do you think that the next anticipated comic based movie "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" can beat "Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen" worldwide ticket sales record? Read more about it here:

Yaris washer puzzler.
Missus has a Yaris, front wiper works, rear wash and wipe works, but=20 front wash doesn't. No sound from the pump when you operate front wash, but a whir when you=20 operate rear. The dealer she...
6
6

Gah! Still hot and sticky!
After much hunting about I figured out that all I needed to fix my aircon was a pressure switch. I got one from a breakers (with a warranty... and £10 instead of the £90 BMW wanted seemed like a...
6
6

Older Vauxhall Diesels
Currently looking around for an older Vauxhall diesel ( 1997 - 2001 ) and in my occasionally faulty mind I seem to recall hearing (long ago) that they were fitted with either an Isuzu engine or ???. I...
5
5

Re: OT Labour quote the BNP, "British homes for Britis h people" says PM
Gordon Brown is to try to win back Labour's core supporters with a pledge to give priority on housing waiting-lists to local residents. A proposal to require councils to take account of applicants'...

Fiesta 1998 brake squeak
Hi, The brake mechanism on my Fiesta 1998 squeaks as I release the pedal. Braking is fine, new-ish pads, shoes and fluid etc and no squeak on applying a brakes but a big creaking sort of squeak as the...
3
3

Sierra Front off Side squeak
Sierra 1990 Saphire 1.8 LX. Front off side squeaking when suspension pressed down about 3 inches. Moved steering to full lock both ways and still the same. Can be heard going over speed bumps or...
3
3

New Key for Toyota Corolla 2000 vintage
Hi, My mother in law has lost the last key for her 2000 Toyota Corolla. It is locked on on her driveway. How are is it to make a new key for such a car? I assume there will be some sort of RFID etc. ?...
2
2

reversing sensors - aftermarket
Hi, I've just bought myself an 02 Primera 1.8 activ. Good car. It came with aftermarket reversing sensors - home fitted, but seemed quite well done. The module is marked/branded "". Anyway, they are...
4
4