Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT Labour quote the BNP, "British homes for Britis h people" says PM
Gordon Brown is to try to win back Labour's core supporters with a pledge to give priority on housing waiting-lists to local residents. A proposal to require councils to take account of applicants'...

Fiesta 1998 brake squeak
Hi, The brake mechanism on my Fiesta 1998 squeaks as I release the pedal. Braking is fine, new-ish pads, shoes and fluid etc and no squeak on applying a brakes but a big creaking sort of squeak as the...
3
3

Sierra Front off Side squeak
Sierra 1990 Saphire 1.8 LX. Front off side squeaking when suspension pressed down about 3 inches. Moved steering to full lock both ways and still the same. Can be heard going over speed bumps or...
3
3

New Key for Toyota Corolla 2000 vintage
Hi, My mother in law has lost the last key for her 2000 Toyota Corolla. It is locked on on her driveway. How are is it to make a new key for such a car? I assume there will be some sort of RFID etc. ?...
2
2

reversing sensors - aftermarket
Hi, I've just bought myself an 02 Primera 1.8 activ. Good car. It came with aftermarket reversing sensors - home fitted, but seemed quite well done. The module is marked/branded "". Anyway, they are...
4
4

Suspension top mounts
Gotta old car, 9+ years old, and suspenshun is very hard and crashy .... methinks that the shocks may need changing ... but am only thinking of keeping it for a year or more.... cud I change the top...
2
2

02 1.2 SXI Corsa battery reversal.
Hi all, Daughters Ex (and good lad) has just passed his test and has got himself a Corsa from a dealer as per title (his Mum helped with funds, Dad not about etc). He's not started driving it yet but...
9
9

Why should anybody benefit from crime?
Is this just a way of getting the public on board for a dubious scheme? As I understand it, there does not need to be a court judgement; just 'unaccounted for' assets. If such assets were seized,...
1
1

Desktop,laptop computers and digital camera's
We provide the latest and updated information about desktop, desktop computers and cameras,which may be benefit able for your office, home and business . Please contact via email,
7
7

BMW
According to 'er indoors, our 328i 'just died' while she was driving it twice yesterday - the first time it just got sluggish, then stopped. It started again first time. The second time she floored it...
1
1

Re: OT 1 in 5 Births in England are to Foreign Born Women.
Don't worry. The cost to the NHS might be outweighed by the fact that most, or all, Poles smoke like chimneys and hence pour funds into the Treasury.

Forte Seal Conditioner- any good?
My MK2 Golf has mildly knackered valve stem seals. As it's not used regularly, oil gets plenty of time to find its way into the cylinder and cause a load of smoke on startup. When the car was used as...

Air Idle Control Valve
Should an engine be able to run with this electrically disconnected, but still in place?
5
5

cheers MrCheeful transit key info
Cheers for getting back to me i searched high and low and could find zilch last time i had issues with ford keys the robbers wanted a hours labour to code em yikes that was about 2 years ago and circa...
3
3

Bosch plug terminals
I've been building a Tech Edge wideband lambda sensor convertor for use with my Megatune - and the supplied connector for the sensor has arrived sans terminals. Obviously I can get them from Tech Edge...
11
11