Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MOT fail: Handbrake efficiency
Hello. My T reg 1.1 106 (3 stud) has failed on high Lambda and low handbrake efficiency. It's got a small blow just before the backbox so I'm gonna have a go at that with some gun gum tomorrow....
17
17

Car Tax question
Hi I have just agreed to buy a car off a dealer....I pick it up Saturday...I have to provide the tax disc (tight buggers) They have given me the Current MOT certificate and Registration Document (part...
3
3

Vauxhall Combo 1.7d overheated
Hi is there anyone who can help. I have just got a vauxhall combo van which is a 1.7 diesel on a N reg, i have just got towed home as it got very hot and cut out, the rac bloke said head gasket...
4
4

Unsmoothed car battery charger - is it crap?
My car battery is oversized for the car. The battery is a bit old but usually works fine. The battery is flat (I left the lights on). My fancy new modern charger senses a poor battery and only puts in...
107
107

Noise From Front Of Mondeo
I noticed this noise a couple of times last year in dry hot weather and it has returned .I noticed it most recently during the very hot weather of about a week ago . It is a sort of creaking or...
2
2

Weird electrical prob on a Vectra
A friend of mine has a 51 plate vectra 2.2 CDX and for the last week has the problem of when he turns the radio on the rear drivers side window goes down. He hasn't done anything to the car and it was...
1
1

VIDEO BLOG BNP chairman Nick Griffin Reflects on the local election results and the prospects for the Euro count on Sunday
has seen The British National Party take its first ever set of County Council seats - Party Chairman Nick Griffin Reflects on today=92s results and gives an update on the prospects for the Euro vote...

Citroen picasso tyre wear.
Six months ago I had some new tyres on my picasso. Both fronts had worn on outside edges, & the steering pulled to the left, so had tracking adjusted aswell. Now both fronts have started to wear...
4
4

Tweeting noise
MK4 golf 1.6s 2001 Within the last week after driving for about 10/15 minutes when I apply the brakes there is a what I can best describe as a tweeting noise fairly loud and noticeable. It sounds as...
13
13

Combo Van Clutch Pedal Problem
Having a problem with my van again. 2003 Combo Van 1.6 Petrol/LPG This time it is the clutch pedal, went to the floor and stayed there with the clutch still engaged. Managed to drive home and now i've...
4
4

2000 Suzuki Swift Suspension Knock
My 1.0 Suzuki Swift has been knocking on and off for the last 2 years. Its gone through 2 mot's in its current state and can often be fine for months at a time but for the last couple of months its...
3
3

keeping electrical conductivity on screw thread
18
18

T55 bolt stuck: Citroen c3, help!
Hello, You may remember I was asking about brake discs for the front of my car. Well I managed to change the n/s without problems but when I moved to the o/s I have got stuck. To save me the...
14
14

new tyres on back?
Hello, I hope this doesn't start a war, but here goes: The front two tyres on my Citroen C3 are worn, so I need to change them. I have read some old posts with fierce discussion over whether the new...
50
50

Special oil for 1.25l Zetec?
The time has come for me to do our first service on SWMBO's 1997 Fiesta Ghia with a 1.25l Zetec engine. I know the early Zetecs fitted to Escorts etc needed a special oil (5W30?), but does a 1997...
13
13