Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

system4 fuel saver- does it?
Save fuel that is......Been reading about this- metal pellets that go in the fuel tank or in line in the fuel line- act as a catalyst- make the fuel burn more efficiently therefore save fuel(...
22
22

Sluggish VW Bora
Hello, I do not know if I am posting this in the correct grouip, as this is my 1st time, but I was wondering of someone could help me . I have a '99 2.0 VW Bora SE, which I have been driving for the...
7
7

Headlight connector
Hi, How do I remove a headlight connector on a Mazda 323 (year 2001), H4 type bulb. The connector appears to have two latches (on its left and right side). Do I push the latches in and try to pull the...

Vauxhall vectra help
hi My vauxhall vectra 2.2 elite has a white powder around the fabric that is attached under the bonnet, any ideas mike
2
2

noisy Rover 25
I currently have a Rover 25 with the tiny 1.1 litre K-series engine, and I hate it! The engine is so noisy and it's like there's hardly any soundproofing. Is there anything I can do to make it...
4
4

BMW 320D 2001 Brake ?
Offside front brake was binding, removed the pads pressed the brake pedal and gentle squeezed the piston out to expose the corroded/worn area, cleaned it up with wet/dry paper, WD40 etc and it...
11
11

Failed MOT on emissions, quite badly
Z22SE engine as fitted to various vauxhalls failed emissions quite badly fast idle test CO Max Limit - 0.300 - actual 9.298 HC 200 - actual 1060 Lambda min 0.970 max 1.030 - actual 0.801 second fast...
23
23

Fiesta S reg (1998) Endura 1.3 Sump replacement.
I've got a Fiesta S reg (1998) with the 1.3 Endura engine which has started leaking oil from the sump (badly corroded at the front, suspect all the grit / stones chucked up from the road has hastened...
5
5

Tyreweld to fix a slow puncture?
Got a slow leak on one of my front tyres. Not too bad but needs to be topped up very week. To be honest, I think its because the rim of the alloy is slightly dented so its not sitting properly....
21
21

Who offers Dry-Ice Blasting in Scotland?
Hi, I want to get the underbody protection stripped off my car for restauration work. While chemical removal or sand-blasting are options, I heard that dry-ice blasting is the best way to get this...
11
11

Toxic fumes warning light
I've just had a phone call from a colleague who has a Renault Clio Billabong - The warning light for Toxic fumes has lit up whilst driving home - What are the likely causes for this. TIA
6
6

Electric window kits
Hello Does anyone have any experience of the electric window kits sold on ebay. They sound good but would like an opinion of someone who's experienced them. Cheers Dave

4 seater pick up - opinions
Right then, we wanted a new Multipla but Fiat dealers are frankly putting me off buying from them so I am looking at other alternatives and thinking about a pick up with 2 rows of seats (crew cab?)....
12
12

Future developments in cars
I believe that the traditional car starter motor will disappear soon - to be replaced with an alternator which can also act as a starter through the drive belt. Imagine the cost savings - no need for...
31
31

Rusty sunroof.
A couple of rust spots have come through the 4 year old paint on my SD1 on the sunroof outer skin. Good secondhand ones are rare. I don't fancy my chances cutting out and letting in new metal on a...
13
13