Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT buying a car - different from the old days?
I haven't bought a car for (many) years now. Recently though I tagged along when a relation was looking to buy a used car and decided to go to a main dealer. In my day (sigh) there were two factors...
9
9

OT slightly! - New Corsa Stereo Line-in
We have just ordered a new Corsa and the stereo comes with a "line-in" to be able to use MP3 players. Anyone any idea whether this is just a 3.5mm stereo jack socket? TIA Ian
11
11

Clio odometer
Just got a clio 2001 dynamic diesel and the only readout on the digital odometer is the mileage, there is no bottom section where the trip mileage should be, there is only a capital M there instead....
2
2

focus tdci 57 reg
just got one of these as a loan car. no manual tho. what cc is it lol the aircon defaults to ON each time you start car. how do you enable the anti-hijack(auto doorlocking)? where is the jack? it not...
9
9

mondeo 1.8i no spark
A young female friend of my daughter's turned up in an X plate mondeo which was running on 3 cylinders. A quick check revealed there was no spark on the most offside cylinder but the plug worked ok in...
3
3

Toyota car models and could this be the reason why U.S. Car sales are falling?
Does any one know why Toyota changes model styles every two years?? Toyota always seems to be a step ahead of the game. I own a parts company and for years the Toyota models have changed for almost...
5
5

Place your bets - how many bent valves?
Out in the Octavia (1.8i, 20v) this PM. Doing 80-90 on the motorway (that'll be indicated speed, not actual. Officer). Pulled off after 15 miles, heard a slight squealing noise, and sudden loss of...
9
9

Nissan Sunny clutch
Here's a strange one: I am changing the clutch on a Nissan Sunny 1.4, 1994, L reg. When I tried to align the friction plate using the normal technique with a clutch alignment tool I came across...
7
7

Focus Drivers Electric Window not working
I Have a 54 1.4 Ford Focus and now the drivers electric window has stopped working, it doesn't go down. I removed the switch from the door and when operating the switch I can hear a click sound from...
1
1

request
Dear Sir/Madam I am a student of Warsaw School of Economics. I write a master's thesis about a opinion on managers. I would like to ask you to fill in the survey (link below) by you and as many...

Problem with a boat engine
Hi, There are possibly more appropriate forums, but this place seems to be where the real engine experts are. I have a boat with two Volvo petrol engines. They are quite primitve, carburetor fuelled...
11
11

ventilation water
1996 Xantia TD SX Small but annoying problem, when I switch on the fan all the windows steam up -really badly and for a long time. I know what the problem is, just looking for advice on how to fix...
3
3

Save Money-Stay At Home!
It's getting really expensive to drive a car. We all know this. However, we have been programmed to think of fuel cost as miles per gallon. The more miles per gallon, the better. This view fosters...

fiesta 05 third stop light not working
Hi, Anyone know what would cause the tailgate stop light to stop working, all the led's are out. The main stop lights are ok, as is their fuse.
13
13

OT: It beggars belief !
While I was out for an hour on Monday, someone started to steal a Rover 200 from outside my garage, it was a really smart little car that I had got cheap with a blown head gasket, I intended it to be...
10
10