Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

vauxhall Vectra 1.8 Sri 2002 new shape Oil Problems/ Engine Symbol
I have a vauxhall vectra 1.8 sri with 71000 miles on the clock. On long runs I get the oil symbol come on. After checking there is no oil on the dipstick. I have filled the oil up ands i can't see any...
3
3

Vivaro clutch
Hi How big a job is replacing a Vivaro clutch? Anyone's thoughts appreciated. I have access to ramps/jacks etc but no Vauxhall special tools. Cheers Dave
2
2

OT petrol tap
I have a cheap generator and the petrol tap has snapped off. No problem I will fit another one. But where to get it from has become a problem. Nothing in Screwdfix, Machine tart or Axmonster. I don't...
28
28

Golf TDI poor performance
Hi guys, My new (to me) Golf TDI 90 bhp, that I was initially led to believe was 100 bhp, but isn't, seems to be pretty flat performance wise. I'm not a boy-racer, and mostly drive in an economical...
12
12

Vauxhall Vivaro
Hi peeps! Anyone know where the "you've left me open" switch on the rear doors of an 04 Vauxhall Vivaro? Works van is starting to annoy me now as the light is allways on on the dashboard - have tried...
3
3

Use full info and intelligent games and etc..... just click
Use full info and intelligent games and etc..... just click

Considering better car
Have currently got Y-reg (2001) Ford Fiesta Ghia, 1.6l 16v, on 65,000 miles, have just comprehensively scratched the driver's door due to an unfortunate incident involving gale force winds, fence...
7
7

Strange temperature behaviour...
My creaky old Mondeo has a strange issue with the temperature - it goes up fairly quickly when starting off (to about 1/4 of the scale within 2-3 miles) but then either stays there or goes right down...
7
7

LT35 sump removal
Hi- i am just about to replace my sump on LT35 2.4D 1995- just been told that it is not possible without raising the engine or disconnecting gearbox!- would have thought the cunning germans would have...
8
8

White sludge dip stick ?
Hi, May mates dad's vectra 00 petrol had the oil indicator on for a while, yes I know, and she started it today with blue smoke and I told het to turn it off. Little oil checking with the dipstick but...
4
4

Re-Paint.....where has it gone to??
Anyone remember Parsons Re-Paint? A brushable paint for cars which gave a very high gloss finish and if done right, was almost indistinguishable from a spray job. I used it a lot during the 80's and...
4
4

Cats
The cat on my Nissan QX is on its way out (had to have a new exhaust and what looked like a couple of ceramic beads fell out of the cat end) so, my question is - are there different qualities of cat,...
27
27

Mondeo heater blower
MK2 Mondeo, heater fan only working on 4. I believe it's the resistor pack that's gone. Where is it in the car, how much is a new one, and is it an easy fix? cheers Mike P
21
21

Power steering ram overhall
I'm looking for somewhere that can replace the seals (which I have) in a power steering ram from a 1963 Austin. I'm in Lincolnshire, but can travel. I've tried the VDP club and local hydraulic firms,...
2
2

Low Mileage C3 service
My mother in law has a March 2004 Citroen C3 1.4 automatic with 2 year service intervals. She has driven only 4,400 miles in this car since new and it's coming up for it's second service and second...
12
12