Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fiesta - 2001 model
Hi I've got a 2001 X Reg fiesta, and have a leak in the boot. I've had a look at the rear bumper and can only see the self taper's at the wheel arch. Could someone let me know where the other fixings...
1
1

Cheap windscreen replacement
I'm going to need a new windscreen for my Audi 100 for the next MOT - it has a vertical crack on the passenger side that is just over 40mm long - it passed the last MOT with an advisory but that's...
12
12

Please, opionions!!! International Car Moving, London, 158-160 Goldhawk Road ???
Hello, I need Your opinion about this company. Have You ever heard about International Car Moving, London, 158-160 Goldhawk Road ( ) ???I found a great car on website but the seller wrote thata car is...
17
17

03 Fiesta leaking
I have an 03 5 door Fiesta, and the rear passenger footwell is full of water on the drivers side. I have checked the seals on both doors on that side, and they seem OK. I had a look at it tonight...
20
20

Astra Starter motor
Where can I find this on a L reg diesel astra. I need to know so i can tap it if it sticks again.( Breakdown mans advice who didnt say how to find it) Tks Sue
5
5

What size wheel rims to I ask for?
After a neat piece of kerb parking (not by me), I need to replace the wheel rim on a fiest 1.3 (2000reg). The size in the mighty Haynes manual say the tyre is 165/70 R13. But that's only the tyre...
2
2

Ford Focus Sport 1.6 2007
Hi All, For the 2nd time my Ford Focus 1.6 (Sport 2007) car has stalled when driving trough a pool of water. Also, once after washing the engine the car failed to start. It does not crank at all,...

charge battery while battery still connected?
Just would like to know if it is ok to charge a car battery while the battery is still connected in the car. (Engine and all switchable electrics off). Is the output wave of the charger likely to zap...
25
25

Immobiliser on 1996 Discovery
The immobiliser on my 1996 Discovery is being very temperamental. It locks OK with the fob button, but when I unlock with it, the driver's door lock comes up as normal, but the door refuses to open,...
2
2

59 Mark 1 Sprite (Bubgeye in States) Springs
Hi All, this is for a mate in California. He has a 59 Bugeye Sprite. The suspension in the rear bottoms out with more than one person in the car, I think he's had shims put in etc etc on...
5
5

Advice sought after a small bump with a car that failed to stop
Hi, looking for some advce on what to do after a small accident. We had our wing mirror clipped yesterday by an oncoming car straddling the white line. Luckily that was all the damage as we had our 3...
11
11

Final question over Peugeot duplicate keys
Before I go to the bother of getting a quote from Peugeot, could anyone here tell me how much they're liable to charge for a duplicate of my original remote control key (now lost)? Just the key,...
4
4

air con fan
The air con fan which comes on in parallel with the compressor on my Peugeot 806 has recently become one speed only...maximum! It didn't used to be noticeable but now is on, loud, whenever the digital...
1
1

VW keys: retrieving your SKC code?
Does anyone on here have a copy of VAG-Tacho or any other tool capable of retrieving the SKC (secret key code) from my T4? I have VAG-COM and so I can code the new keys to the vehicle, but if only I...
2
2

2001 Ford Focus Cooling
Hi All, I could be well off here, but in my 2001 Ford Focus, the engine temp seems to go up a little, then down a little, up then down, even on motorway runs. In traffic it sometimes gets halfway up,...
6
6