Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Uneven brake wear
Hi all, A few weeks ago the front brakes started rumbling under braking. I got the front offside wheel off but both pads still had 5mm left. I then took it for it's MoT and it nearly failed on worn...
6
6

New Focus arriving, old focus price reduction?
Saw a review of the new Focus in a sunday rag. As most peeps will want the new one rather than the old one, is it likely that I (who am quite satisfied with the old one) can go to my local friendly...
14
14

Ratchet Sets - Halfords?
A quickie, what ratchet sets do you use for changing spark plugs or general DIY car related mishaps? I've been looking on the internet for a while but am suspicious of the halfords "lifetime...
16
16

Spark Plug Contamination
Hello group, I have a Ford Escort 16v 1.6 Zetec, year 1999. There's 65000 miles on the clock, not much going by the year of registration. It's been regularly serviced since I owned it for the past two...
3
3

Steering problem! Please help!
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can help me with this? I just bought a year old Vauxhall Astra SRi (15k miles) and have a bit of an issue with the steering. Basically the steering wheel seems to...
10
10

Airbag light - mot fail?
My airbag light is on and the car's MOT is due in 3 weeks. Is it a fail?
11
11

Disassembling distributor - Help
I need some help to disassemble the distributor (I will fabricate a bracket out of it). I removed rotor arm, mechanical advance assembly, but now I am stuck. I do not want to break the housing (that...
11
11

MOT today.
Pleased that my 97 E39 passed today after a year and 9k miles of trouble free motoring. One advisory. N/s tie rod ball end. Maintenance costs for the year, £69 new battery, service £35, and a new...
2
2

USER MANUAL RENAULT TWINGO
Hi everybody, does anybody help me to download free an user manual for RENAULT TWINGO 2001, series 3, model 5? The user manual for Renault Twingo any model would suit too.
1
1

Peugeot 406 Rear Door Lock Problem
Has anyone come across this problem? My pessenger side rear door is refusing to open. When I turn the key in the front doors the motors can be heard moving in the rear but alas the door remains...
12
12

Oil leak and cam belt contamination - Golf
Hi all, My '94 Golf 1.8 petrol (Mk 3) has been leaking oil over the last couple of weeks, and I got a chap to have a look at it today. He thinks the problem is behind the the cam belts covers, on the...
5
5

Changing wishbones on VX Omega ? EASY ?
Hi there, I have a V plate Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 Saloon. I have been advised that the wishbone bush on passenger side (the large doughnut shaped bush) will need replacing soon. I believe that its...
5
5

battery recommendations please
I need to get a replacement battery for my 99 RAV4. Which makes/brands/dealers are recommended please. I should prefer a heavy duty one with at least a 3 year guarantee. Thanks.
16
16

Temperature sensor location
Does anybody know where they put the sensor for external air temperature readouts? The work van has one and I'd like to add one to the car. I'm assuming it would have to be in some box section (sill...
6
6

Re: System Optimizer
I generally find that a little silicone grease on the nylon gears speeds up my electric windows. If I want to open them rapidly to gain access to a suffocating puppy or a nice CD player, I find a...