Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

bit OT car ins
I mentioned a few weeks back, i was hoping to get a German camper...well if all goes to plan i get it next week. Spoke to DVLA, said i can keep it here for a here, as long as i register it in my name,...
16
16

can anyone help me bleed my hydraulic clutch system
I have a fiat doblo 2006 model i have just changed the clutch master cylinder , there is no bleed nipple on master cylinder so of i go to the slave cylinder by the gearbox to find what looks like a...
3
3

Rear indicators
Aren't they meant to be orange, no matter what? I saw a PT Cruiser on the motorway today with US style flashing brake lights instead of dedicated orange indicators. Bob
6
6

vivaro headlights
Could some knowledgable person on here tell me how to remove the headlights from a Vauxhall Vivaro (56 plate),I have undone what bolts and clips I can see but it doesnt want to come out,Help.
2
2

Replacement ALR seatbelt for Ford KA
Hi I'm trying to find a supplier of an Automatic Locking Retractor seatbelt gubbins for my mothers 'R' reg Ford KA. I have one of these devices in my car ('56' Suzuki SX4) and it's just the thing for...
3
3

Re: Driving technique
I can understand what the OP means about the terrible traffic patterns, then. They're sometimes swerving all over the place there. Must cause havoc for trying to maintain a steady speed and drive...

airbag disarming and rear facing infant carseats in front
hi there, some cars have an option to disarm the airbag if a child is seated front, or if an infant is in a carseat in front. some cars dont have this as standard, but this disarm switch is an extra....
8
8

Trailer reversing brake problem ???
My 4 wheel ifor williams trailer drives perfectly OK forwards, and when fully loaded. Seems to be OK when reversing with no load. But as soon as I get some weight in the trailer and try to reverse the...
23
23

Citroen ZX Glow Plugs
Cross posted to .mods as I know quite a few people on there have had 306s and the like. The glow plugs on the ZX seem to have stopped glowing. I've managed to change the third one, but all the others...
9
9

Ford KA Battery Terminal Question
Apologies - crossed posted this to wrong NG by mistake ...... Have had problems recently with my daughters P reg KA2 with it failing to start intermittently when ignition is turned without response...
4
4

Crate Engine
Does this item on ebay look OK for a June 1998 built-Fiesta? Item number: 310011335937 ISTR a discussion here about different mountings on the blocks for difference vintages. I can't believe it was...

3 point harness ?
In my mk4 golf in the rear I have 2 3 point harness on the back and a lap belt is there anyway to convert the lap belt or install a 3 point harness in the middle ?
6
6

Fiesta floating exhaust!
The rear section of my Fiesta 1.3 (2000 reg) thrashes about so much sometimes it hits the heatscreen/underside of the car. There doesn't seem to be anything broken or missing so I just wonder - do...
2
2

subaru justy cvt brushes
Does anyone know if the brushes for the magnetic clutch on a Subaru Justy cvt are common with anything else or a cheaper source than main dealer? AJH

Headlight Bulb Wattage Question
Have just bought 'Direct replacement for existing bulbs' headlight bulbs from ebay from a 'trusted powerseller'. Interestingly, he's sent me 100w bulbs, rather than the standard 55w ones. Are these...
16
16