Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

306 disc woes
Car is a '99 306 Meridian estate, 1.9TD, pre-HDI. About two years ago, when replacing the front brake pads, I renewed the discs, which were looking quite worn. In April this year, the brakes had...
6
6

Exhaust repairs
Typically of the way my luck is going lately, my exhaust started blowing today after the garage had closed. At the rear of the front silencer, the weld on the pipe/ box join seems to have failed....
18
18

Is it safe to combine different oils of the same grade?
For example: if my motor had Titan GT1 5W/30 in it and for top-up I use, let's say Castrol 5W/30 - would this be OK? Just wondering because I have some spare oil of the same grade and don't want to go...
5
5

Top Gear - Vampire jet Dragster- Any Takers
2
2

Punto 1584cc Engine
pants :-( didn't wanna hear that, oh well
20
20

Re: THIS IS MOHAMMED 28 THE END
Taken from the Liverpool Echo, 22nd December 2007 :- Merseyside IT company CyberSys have developed a revolutionary new piece of software software designed to reduce the incidence of offence caused to...
2
2

Is over heater a symptom/cause/both of a HG going?
Just pondering this one today. When the HGs went on both my Puntos they both did the following: - A week or two of the engine misfiring a little when idle, getting gradually worse. - Engine starts to...
2
2

Completed my HG change, simple stuff I've learned...
I've completed my HG change, thanks for the tips to questions in previous posts. I've taken it out for a spin and it's running better than ever, including fixing a long standing irregular idle issue...
5
5

Water pipes to oil filter?
Hi All, As I walked back to the car (93 Rover 218SD (1900 Pug)) earlier I noticed what looked like some water under the car (only a cup full). It had been raining so could have been there before I...
15
15

FS: Citroen Xantia Activa 2.0T for spares
Right - this is the car I found by chance at a local garage who'd taken it in part-ex and just wanted rid. It was ideal and cheap enough to take a punt at even if not all the bits I wanted were good....
14
14

VW T3/25 camper van
Hey Has anyone got experiance of these, what they are generally like to live with? Guy is swopping his, for my bimmer, hes off to Berlin a couple of weeks to drive it back. Hes sent me a load of pics,...
6
6

*Some Special(s)
Let's not just remain the mere spectator of the events happening around us, lets share our own views, thoughts, opinions and wisdom through one of the premier blogs on the Internet. Please visit for...

Re: Calculating your cornering G force
What effect does that have on your microwave meal for one in the boot? :-)
3
3

THIS IS MOHAMMED 29
What a load of crap