Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical Gremlin
3.9 V8i Discovery Symptoms. The problem normally starts with what sounds like the alternator breaking through on the radio. Sometimes this will go away by itself, sometimes it will get much worse....
3
3

Edward the Compressor
Some while ago I bought one of those 12V DC tyre inflation compressors that run from the vehicle's cigarette lighter socket. It was absolutely useless. My nephew has now asked for one of these in his...
16
16

What Time Is it, Eccles?
Ford Focus Ghia 1.8 2000W. The LED clock on my Focus has lost its backlighting, making it impossible to read. I called into my local Ford Dealer to by a replacement bulb, but there isn't one listed....
5
5

CORSA B MANUAL
Hi everybody, Have someone an user manuel for Opel Corsa B? Or maybe knows where I could free download it? Regards, Pedja
1
1

Removing glowplug covers
Hi, I have a 2ltr Astra Diesel. The glowplug covers appear to be the push on type (similar to the sort of things on spark plugs in petrol cars). Should these just pull off vertically? I ask because...
3
3

Escort cutting out
Hi, My '96 Escort (1.6 Zetec) was partial to the odd cut-out when cold, but it's become really bad recently. I don't know if it's the cold/wet weather, or the underlying problem is getting worse....
11
11

Tyres slow leak
The rear tyres on my Focus TDCi are 195 60 R15 V. I inflate them and after about two weeks the pressure is down to 10 lb psi. Could it be coincidently leaky valves on both rear tyres? or could it be a...
15
15

96 Astra dashboard lights problem!
For many months now I have had a problem with the lights on the dashboard, not done much about it because it didnt affect driving!? Sometimes when starting a journey after ten minutes or so, the...

Ford Escort 1.8 Turbo Diesel
Hey i own a ford escort 1.8TD, ive only had it a few months and it seems like tha car has never seen a service its P reg (1996) but thats not the problem. There just seems to be no power, when i...
10
10

Toyota servicing could have killed me. Can I get a refund?
I got my Toyota car serviced at a main dealer (Lookers Rayleigh), and this included an MOT and brake fluid change. The brakes were OK driving to the garage and for the MOT. When I was driving back...
81
81

Dead alternator .. again?
Hi All, Not a couple of weeks ago I had a constant ignition light and no rev counter on my 93 Rover 218SD (1900 Pug powered). My mate helped me out with an exchange unit and that's been working fine...
53
53

Hauberg Autolift
Good Evening Hauberg Autolift Has anyone got any information about this tilting scissor lift. It was distributed by Auto Industries in Leeds (358 Whitehall Rd) I would like to fix the lock release...

Paint on rust converter
I would like to use a paint on rust converter to deal with surface rust on the underneath of my van. I have tried Loctite 7503 and Rust Doctor, but when I have used them before the rust still seems to...
15
15

ford KA tappets
Hi Comming back here with more info this time re-KA tappet settings: Engine number: TY03424. 1st regestered: 30/04/1997 1.3c/c Hope this helps me obtain correct settings (hot or cold?), for my...
7
7

OT postings
Is it my imagination or has the level of unacceptable postings increased by a lot recently? This NG is going to be full of advertising and a lot of other irrelevant stuff if something is not done...
6
6