Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dead alternator .. again?
Hi All, Not a couple of weeks ago I had a constant ignition light and no rev counter on my 93 Rover 218SD (1900 Pug powered). My mate helped me out with an exchange unit and that's been working fine...
53
53

Hauberg Autolift
Good Evening Hauberg Autolift Has anyone got any information about this tilting scissor lift. It was distributed by Auto Industries in Leeds (358 Whitehall Rd) I would like to fix the lock release...

Paint on rust converter
I would like to use a paint on rust converter to deal with surface rust on the underneath of my van. I have tried Loctite 7503 and Rust Doctor, but when I have used them before the rust still seems to...
15
15

ford KA tappets
Hi Comming back here with more info this time re-KA tappet settings: Engine number: TY03424. 1st regestered: 30/04/1997 1.3c/c Hope this helps me obtain correct settings (hot or cold?), for my...
7
7

OT postings
Is it my imagination or has the level of unacceptable postings increased by a lot recently? This NG is going to be full of advertising and a lot of other irrelevant stuff if something is not done...
6
6

Son eklenen 5 Video
Son eklenen 5 Video 1- Hilary Duff - I Can't Wait =DDstanbul Ba=F0=FDms=FDzdan daha ba=F0=FDms=FDz aday aday=FDn=FDn aday= =FD Galatasaray Anderlecht Sabri Gol Halo 3 E3 2007 Trailer B=F6yle =FEaka...

Wanted: Supplier of Lucas alternator fan/pulley
Good People, I have fitted a brand new Lucas alternator I had knocking around to my Herald. Unfortunately, it doesn't have its fan, pulley or nut - because I robbed them ages ago for another car. Many...
4
4

OT: Ken(Livingstone) Buster
If you are forgetful like me, lovely! http://www.kenbuster.co.uk/web/whatis.jsp
1
1

Re: OT: Buying a van
Added as crosspost. What about Seat Inca/VW Caddy in the same class, dont think anyone would recomend Fords recent offeriings.
15
15

1994 astra merit 1.4
The lights on the heater controls of wife's astra have stopped working. Is this likely to be a blown fuse or a blown bulb. If so which fuse is it or how do you change the bulb. thanks
2
2

Re: (ex-)Transco Transit 2 battery electrics
Is it white? These Transco guys have it cushy. Mind you, if one had to dig trenches to fix gas pipes in this weather a little comfort would be reasonable.
10
10

Fiesta with Endura-E engine leaking coolant - what's this part called?
Hello - My old Fiesta (1.3 petrol Endura-E) is leaking coolant from a joint at the top of the engine. There's a sort of aluminium dome bolted to the engine block with two hoses going into it. The leak...
5
5

All about Car Hire
your Car hire Spain is as easy as 1.2.3. Please follow 3simple steps that start below. Carhireairport is an independent carrental service offering discounts on car hire at cities and airportsworldwide...

A4 troubles :s
Hi guys I just bought the girlfriend a '97 Audi A4 1.8 20v to replace her ageing fiesta. Unfortunatley on the drive home I realised a few issues. 1. The heater is only very mildly warm but engine temp...
14
14

Kio Rio - Rattling
Hi Folks, I jumped into the 54-Reg Kia Rio yesterday morning and got about 6 miles into a journey when the engine started to make a lovely rattling noise and I noticed I had lost some power. The noise...