Best Rated threads in Car Maintenanceshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fiesta 1.3 Encore P reg. 1996
Hi all, could anyone tell me what motor oil to use for an oil change on my daughters 1.3 Fiesta Encore P reg. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks url: http://www.myreader.co.uk/gp/1275-1.aspx
1
1

Fiesta Zetec 1.25 (97) running problems
Hi Wondered if you could possibly help me with a query. I fitted a second hand engine to a 97 Fiesta zetec 1.25se. Now it starts and idles fine but as soon as you open the throttle it sounds like...
12
12

Advice on fitting parking sensors to a Honda CRV Mk3
Has anyone fitted parking sensors to one of these, I'm interested to know if the trim was removed in the load bay. I would like some advice on how best to do it. Thanks.

Mondeo 1.8 year 2002
Hi, A friend will be looking at a Mondeo, 2002 registered, 1.8 Zetec. Are there are any particular problems relating to this model? Is the top end of the engine belt or chain driven? If belt driven I...
6
6

VW Polo dies accelerating
I recently took my 1991 1.3 Polo to my local (non VW) garage as it had begun to overheat after a very brief run. I drove the car to the garage (about one mile) and, despite the short distance, the car...
7
7

Rover 220 1994 cooling problems
Hope someone can advise: I have a random problem where I can one day drive 100 miles, stop for an hour and drive back without a problem. But the next day I can drive 2 miles to the supermarket and by...
9
9

tips on fitting a pattern part bumper
I have a new pattern part bumper to fit tommorow and was wondering how tricky it w ill be to fit. The place I bought it said they don't always fit as easily as a OEM part, and need some manipulation...
9
9

Re: Earlier Posting Mondeo Battery
Just a message for all the people (including battery sellers) who say that Fords insistence on the use of a Silver/Calcium battery on the later Mondeos is a load of bollocks. I have just proved that...
9
9

Xantia Suspension
Hi, I have a friend visiting with a Xantia - the rear end of which no longer goes up and down with the lever between the front seats, but just stays down, apparently as low as it will go. The front...
22
22

Astra van radio console removal
Hi, Anyone know how to remove the radio console housing on a 02 astra van. I have removed two screws below the ash tray but the console refuses to budge and there doesn't appear to be any more screws...
5
5

Vauxhall Astra battery drain
The battery on my 99 petrol Astra was flat on Saturday am. Had it and the alternator checked and they are both fine. I'd be very grateful if anyone could suggest any likely causes of the drain or what...
7
7

BMW 320D 2001 electrical fault
BMW 320D 2001 electrical fault same car, indicators flash rapidly as if a bulb is out, when brake pedal is applied and realeased lights revert to normal flash rate, must be to do with brake light...
3
3

gearbox oil leak, please help
Hi I have a fiat seicento 1.1s 2000y. It is leaking oil from inner cv boot. The oil is clear and has a strong smell, hence most likely gearbox oil. I showed it around to few garages and finally got...
11
11

Brake Fluid change and ABS
Hi I have used this group before and have been very impressed with the answers given they have helped me learn a lot of useful information. I have a Hyundai Getz CDX, Reg 03 and have a general...
4
4

Whats the difference between an 02 reg and a 52 reg vehicle plate
A guy asked me the other what the difference was between a 02 and 52 plate reg plate. I hadn't thought anything about it, until I checked out prices of cars for sale in my local rag. I noticed the 52s...
9
9

Vauxhall Astra high temperature reading??
i have a 1996 V. Astra. At 60mph reading about 92 degrees on temp gauge, when in town temp will rise to 98 deg., fan cuts in and works ok, then goes down to about 96 deg., and will stay at this temp....
4
4

Mk3 Golf TDI Braking Issue
Hi All. I've recently bought a Mk3 Golf TDI estate that has been well serviced and looked after. However... the previous owner did mention that he'd always felt that the brakes weren't quite as good...
5
5

Clio II - Brake Disc holding screws
Does anybody know what type of head these have ? I thought it was Torx, but I've tried T30, which is too small, and T40 which is too big.
5
5

CO testers
Are there any now available at a reasonable price which are accurate? The Gunson ones are crap, basically.
8
8

Fiat Cinquecento scrap value
Hi. My brother's scrapping an N reg Fiat Cinquecento. He's been offered =A350 &= =20 take it away. Given it's a Fiat, and I think he's got 2 keys, is it worth any more, just= =20 for the ECU and the...
4
4