Nissan Micra - Expert advice request! Hitachi carb

Has anyone rebuilt the Hitachi carburettor from a Nissan Micra 1.0 K10?
Almost all of the vacuum hoses were perished, which I've replaced
but it still keeps getting intermittently stuck in a fast idle - the choke plate stays closed, SFAICS. I've blasted half a tin of de-coker through it but to no avail.
I managed to pick up a replacement carb from the scrappy for 15. The guy at the factors says he'll try and get hold of rebuilding kit for the carb with gaskets but he wasn't optimistic because of its age.
On the off-chance that he succeeds in getting one, I'm wondering if anyone has stripped down one of these Hitachi carbs and whether they've got any advice? Is it likely to be a success? A groups.google search threw up a recommendation to ditch the Hitachi carb in favour of a Weber, but I'd rather persist with it if at all possible.
Rgds, Nigel