passat power problem

Hi, I have a passat 1.9 se tdi (110bhp) auto. T (1999) 77K,and it seems to lack power when kicking down or going up hills.As this is my first diesel car it
is dissappointing. This warmer weather is making it worse, ie cool mornings it has a lot more go in it, but from what I was lead to believe it should have far more acceleration than it has.Could anyone help me on this one because I prefer not to go to VW without a clue what it could be.Starting and handling is superb so it seems a shame if this cannot be resolved. Thanks for any input, Paul.
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...

It's an automatic. It'll have acceleration but only once the torque convertor has had time to spin up. If you wanted power you shouldn't have got an auto box.
--
________________________
Conor Turton

lack
it
mornings
Another Air mass meter do you think guys?! If there is no excess smoke, and its just lethargic when asking for full power and you dont have the turbo whistle you used to have then its definately a failed AMM. Very common.
Tim..

Unfortunately they are not cheap (250 or so) but the problem is very tricky to diagnose as the ECU would have any fault codes logged as the AMM is still working, however it is giving a value that is incorrect. The easiest way to determine if it is indeed the AMM is to swap it with one from a car that is performing fine. There is no re-coding or such like to do and its about a 10min job. If your car then is better, the AMM is faulty.
Tim..
Thanks Tim, I may have to live with it for a while then.Seems to have a bit more go in it now that the weather has cooled a bit though, Thanks again, Paul.

tricky
still
is
Hi Tim, Just to let you know I had the new AMM fitted this morning and she drives like a new car. Pity I didn't realize it was under powered when I got it, I had 3 months warranty on purchase. Ah well you live and learn. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Paul.

tricky
still
is