Latest threads in Mazda Miatashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PICS: Mazda announces the Miata MX-5 RHT PRESTIGE EDITION
Mazda has released the special edition of the Miata or as others know it, MX-5 Roadster. Based on the Miata RHT with the electric folding hardtop, the ?Prestige Edition? will only be available in the...

Tire Pressure
On my '99, I have swapped my stock 14x6 rims out for a set of '01 SE 16x6.5 rims. I'm now running 205x45 R16 Yokohamas and wondering if I need to up the pressure for the lower profile. Anyone out...
10
10

I need a blue rear finish panel for a 1992 Miata Mx5
Wife and I were out cruising the great Mississippi river and enjoyed and overnight in Dubuque Iowa. Cam out in the morning to find the car had been hit destroying the rear finish panel and tail light...
5
5

How to complain to Mazda UK ?
Hello Anyone know the best way to complain to Mazda UK? We had a 2002 MX-5 1.8 for 5 years that was great and never had any problems. Same with our 2004 Mazda 3 Sport. We recommended Mazda to loads of...
6
6

Hurray! Another year of fun!
My 16-year old MX-5 needed its MOT a month ago (MOT being the UK test every car has to undergo every year to ensure it's safe). Due to a move it's been sitting in front of my house for that entire...
1
1

New top, was: New top.
Update. It took until Monday to get the new top from Robbins. That's exactly two weeks, usual shipping time is two days. Robbins says it's an "improved" design which may explain the delay? I picked...
2
2

Where should worn tires go, fornt or back?
Hi, Somewhere along the line somebody told me to always put the best tires on the back because in case of a blow out, you have some control of the frount through the steering, but on the back you have...
24
24

Cam Position Sensor
My cam postion sensor just died on my 94 (~185k mi). My mechanic (Howard at the Sports Car Center for the STL locals) said this is the first he's ever replaced on a Miata (and he works on lots of...
8
8

heat on the right leg. exhaust heat protections??
Hi there, This is my first post onto this newsgroup, since I have only had my mx-5 nb1 1.8 for two weeks now :) I think there is no need to coment all the good things about the car, so I will go...
4
4

ISO: Oil Change Info
I recently bought a '99 Miata and would like to change my own oil & filter. Are there any gotcha's I should know about? Also, are 3rd party oil & air filters (like Fram or Purolator) okay to use?...
3
3

It happened..
Hi Gang: I was backing out tweety, my 99 Black Miata MX5 in the parking lot and ran a bit into a yellow pillar. The damages are in the vicinity of the right headlight - a dent towards the side and the...
12
12

Dumb spark plug question: Metric or not?
Have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES.... built in Japan. I'm going to attempt to change the spark plugs myself but have no idea if the actual plugs themselves in this vehicle require a metric wrench! If one...
29
29

Stalling Issue
I have a 92 Miata with almost 90k miles. The engine stalls sometimes when I engage the clutch and put the shifter into 1st gear. If I leave the shifter in neutral then no problem. Sometimes the engine...
6
6

Valve stem guide job cost?
My 2000 Mazda Protege ES is starting to puff some blue smoke in the mornings when its chilly out. I start it, it puffs blue smoke, and then after warming up it quits. Car has 140k miles on it so I'm...
5
5

Timing belt change
Hi, I will be having the t-belt replaced on a 4-cyl '93 soon (B6 engine type), and the local garage has given me an estimate based on OEM belt AND two other bearings (?). I know the tensioner bearing...
1
1