Best Rated threads in Mazda Miatashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Freeplay in steering.
My '92 Miata has about 3/8" to 1/2" freeplay in the steering wheel at all positions of rotation (measured with the car at rest). My service mechanic says that he can find no loose parts and no play in...
6
6

Why do California timing belts last longer ?
I was thumbing through the manual, and it states the timing belt should be changed at 60k, but specifies 100k for cars originally sold in California (and a few other states, which I now forget).. What...
16
16

miata versus deer
Here are some pictures of a 1996 M edition after a 55 to 60 mph collision with a fairly large doe. We generally have small deer in central Texas, and this is one of the bigger does that I have seen....
8
8

Dropping idle when headlights are on
I don't drive my '93 after dark that much, even less during the summer when it stays light later. I spent the last week at the SCCA Runoffs and the days I drove to the track in my Miata and stayed...
2
2

mazda mx5 1991 (eunos roadster) starting problem
Hi to all out there, I am new to this site and also new to Mazda MX5's. My partner and I have just perchased an old one as our second car. I am hoping that someone can give me some help with my...
1
1

Spark plug in oil + knocking/clicking noise
My 95 Miata had a knocking sound last year, which went away after a major tune up. Recently the knocking sound came back. The clicking sound also becomes faster as the engine speed increases. The...
2
2

engine block coolant drain plug
I've got my '94BRG up on stands, doing oil/filter, and thought I should drain/flush the cooling system since I don't know when/if the previous owner did. My Haynes manual shows a picture of the engine...
1
1

Air filter - Jackson Racing or K&N
Time to change the air filter (insert) on my Eunos. The JR filter isn't that much more expensive than the standard Mazda filter (which appeals) but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with...
9
9

Dimming for add-on gauges.
I'm trying to figure out which wires in the stereo harness to use to power the lights in some add-on guages. In the stereo connector pinout at there are twopins labelled: Pulsed Dimmer (TNS+) Inverted...
17
17

Headlight bushings?
Does anyone know where I can locate the headlight pivot bushings for a 94 Miata? I added the low profile headlight kit a few years ago and now the one headlight bounces up and down quite a bit...
4
4

Mazda 626 cooling system not pressurized?
The cooling system on my 1998 626 V6 has the overflow port in the coolant filler neck BELOW the seal in the pressurized cap. It seems that the cooling system cannot be pressurized. What am I missing?...
3
3

'99 oil pan drain plug torque
Hi all, I'm changing the oil in my new (to me) '99 Black and tan and the only reference I have is for the M1 1.6L. I imagine it's probably to the 30 Lb-ft the older one requires, but I thought I'd...
3
3

candoo exhauste
hi, does anyone know of a replacement for the candoo "hide-a-spare" exhauste? the sound level has gotten to be too much. tia, peter
2
2

MX3 suddenly won't start. Suggestions?
Hello, I've had my 1994, 4 cylinder, MX3 for 18 months now. Its been the model of reliability, always starting in very cold weather without a problem. Suddenly yesterday, it decided not to start at...
1
1

Miata Club in Mississippi?
Anyone know if there is an active Miata Club in the Jackson Mississippi area?
1
1

Please Help: 626 overheated, now won't start
My car overheated last night. As I got off the freeway it turned off, it smoked a little under the hood, and out the tailpipe, it also smelt like burning. It leaked a lot of antifreeze before, and...
1
1

Locked in Reverse
My 1990 Miata (Std. Shift) is locked in reverse. I went into reverse quickly when someone in front of me was backing up. The Miata will ONLY work in reverse, and no forward movement in any gear...
6
6

IL Motorsport hood lifts
My Wiz Performance hood lift strut finally was no longer able to carry the hood. Even without wind to blow it onto my head. After unsuccessful attempts to find a replacement strut of about the same...
1
1

The Perfect Crash - or - a miracle?
Throwing out newspapers this morning, I came upon this article from the 11/02/03 L.A. Times: the wrap-around) Anyway, if you can't get to the story, here are some text-pulls: - "Tell me exactly what...
9
9

flat spot on acceleration?
Hi all, I have a '91 BRG 1.6 at about 80K which seems to be suffering an increasing 'flat spot' on acceleration - most noticeable when cold first thing, but it also does it when warm, (i.e. if it has...
6
6