Best Rated threads in Mazda Miatashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Overheating problem solved
Just like I read somewhere (maybe the FAQ) removing my front license plate makes my Miata temp gauge run from dead center to maybe 5/8ths and no more. Before it would climb to the top. Highly...
7
7

Chirping Sound?
Hi All I've got an almost constant chirping sound coming from around the engine area. I hear it the most when I depress the clutch to change gears, but can also hear it as I'm driving. Any thoughts...
1
1

Body Flex
Hi all. I'm new to the world of Miatas -- I just picked up a '91 with 97k miles on it. It came cheap from an insurance auction, but was surprisingly nice in and out. All that was required was...
4
4

P0420 code from check engine light 2000 Mazda Protege?
Got this code and it says something abt catalytic converter system. God I hope not cause that's expensive to replace? Do cat system even wear out? Car has 140k on it and was bought new.
14
14

Symptoms of bad cat converter?
2000 Mazda Protege ES with 151k miles on it What are the symptoms of a bad catalytic converter? The CEL keeps coming on but the error code is "vague" and sounds to me like it could be the catcon or...
5
5

reserve fuel tank in mazda 3
hi, does any one know how much fuel is in reserve after the low fuel warning comes on? I know the tank size of 55L, I wanted to calculate the my milage. But I never go beyond the warning light. Any...
11
11

Water Leak Passenger Side Interior Under Glove Compartment
Inside my 1991 Miata, the water literally pours onto the rug on the passenger side when the A/C is on. I turn off the A/C and no water problem. Should I assume that the hose has become loose inside...
19
19

'94 Miata headlights stuck up
I walked outside a couple of weeks ago to discover that the headlights on my '94 Miata were in the "up" position. I'd assumed that a car prowler had hopped in (we keep it unlocked and don't keep...
4
4

Is there such a thing as an automatic transmission modulator valve?
Folks; I'm having a problem with automatic transmission fluid getting into my cylinders and burning. It happens only occasionally, but in reading about other cars, the advice is to replace the...
4
4

Removing door panel 2000 Miata
I have looked at Miata-net to find out about removing interior door panels on a Miata. All seem to deal with older Miatas. Is there any info posted on removing the door panels on a 2000? (Or can...
5
5

Magnaflow Bolt On Catalytic Converter?
The heat shield on the catalytic converter on my '95 is rattling and unless there is a clever fix like the stainless steel hose clamp solution for the down pipe heat shield I think I need a...
8
8

Rear Brakes Wear Out before The Front
Just had an oil change at the dealer. My 2004 Miata is nearing 50K. The dealer's suggested replacing rear pads and turning rotors. There was no mention about the front brakes needing service which in...
23
23

Mixing 5W30 and 10W30 oil
Hi, I think it is safe, but since it doesn't hurt to ask, is it okay to mix Mobil 1 10W30 with 5W30 on oil change? I have one quart 10W30 leftover, and I want to put 5W30 for winter purpose. Thanks,...
8
8

95 with code 17
Looking for help in troubleshooting my 95 Miata. The check engine lt came on, when I diagnosed it the code was 17, the oxygen sensor (output not changing). Anyone with any ideas? I'm planning on...
3
3

Tochigi-Fuji limited-slip differential
In 2003, Miata switched from a Torsen limited-slip to a Tochigi-Fuji limited-slip differential [I do not know if Miata is still using the Tochigi-Fuji]. Can someone compare the two? How does the...

Power antenna upgrade -1997 miata
All, I have what I beleive is a good used power antenna motor from a 1996 miata. I bought a new mast for it, but I cannot get it to go up when the radio turns on. I don't have a wiring diagram so...
4
4

Broken water pump pulley bolt
Just finished changing the water pump and timing belt in my "95 and broke a bolt in the water pump pulley. Everything was already reassembled, but I just HAD to reach in with a socket and check to see...
5
5

Screechers on brakes
I have a mazda protege 2000..Does anyone know how to take the screechers off of the brakes when the pads wear down ? I'm getting the pads changed next week, so I have to go a week with the car...
4
4

Grease Zerks on 1999 Miata
How many grease zerks (grease fittings) -- if any -- are there on a 1999 Miata? I purchased a used Miata, and am going to change the oil for the first time. Thank you for any help you can pass my way....
2
2

Miata Battery and Battery Tender Question
Hi Folks. I have not been in here for a long time, but HELP>>LOL. Since the OEM battery, in my 2000 Miata, with less than 44,000 original miles, I hav e been using the Duralast battery from AutoZone....
1
1