Best Rated threads in Mazda Miatashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 miata runs intermittently bad
I have a intermittent problem with my 2000 miata, intermittently runs bad misses terribly then clears up just as fast. I have had the Mazda dealer tune it up, plugs, wires fuel filter but it still...
3
3

NB headlight out -- bulb is OK
The left headlight is out on my NB, but the bulb is OK. Any clues on where else to look? Are the L/R headlights fused separately?
8
8

5 beeps
Hello, When I turn my 95 miata off I hear 5 beeps. Can someone tell me what this means? Thanks, Steve
3
3

drive shaft won't go in
I am trying to insert a rebuilt left hand side drive axle into the transmission but its stuck out about 1 1/2 inches and won't go in. Any suggestions? Its supposed to just click in.
1
1

mazada miata and 80 amp fuse?
My son was replacing battery when cable caused spark, shortening out battery. Battery was replaced, but car appears dead. Looked at all fuses and the 80 amp fuse under hood appears to be blown...
2
2

High Rpms
My 91 miata is sitting at 4000 rpms in 5th gear at 70 mph. That seems just a little high. most cars at 70 mph in 5th are doing 3000 rpms. Do all 91 miatas do that or did the guy i bought it from...
10
10

replacing rubber deck lock sheets on hardtop
I have to replace the rubber seals on the two chrome assemblies that go over the Frankenstein bolts. I have the two new parts and they have rubber extrusions that go into holes on the bracket to hold...
1
1

hold light flashing
i have a 1990 626 auto.(192000 miles) the hold light has flashed a few times. i've never used it and it was not turned on . but if you turn the car off and start it again it will stop.whats up with...

Ran a diagnostic. Would appreciate an opinion on where to start looking.
I ran the diagnostic test on my '92 and got a "1", which according to is the code for "ignition pulse". Could someone provide me with some insight and where to look for the problem? Thanks, Marc I...
2
2

Overheating Miata
I have a '96 Mazda Miata with a cooling problem. In December of 2005 the radiator started spewing antifreeze and Firestone put a new radiator in. A few months later I took it to an air conditioning...
9
9

rattle from undercarriage of 1991 miata
Would appreciate intelligence about rattle from undercarriage; a tinny, sheet metal-like rattle that is loudest on deceleration, hardly noticeable on acceleration, and silent when clutch is depressed....
1
1

Nardi shift knob 2003 LS
I want to remove the Nardi leather shift knob so I can remove the center section and repair a spring on the cup holder. It will rotate, but does not go any place. Is it a screw on, or a set screw ?...
4
4

value of 1991 Miata
What is the value of my 1991 Miata with only 43,000 miles in excellent condition ? Thanks in advance for opinions. Frank
9
9

Popping Sound with Clutch and Broken Plastic Piece Possibly to Depress Sensor
I sure hope that some of those diehard Miata mechanics can help me. Today I was driving my 1990 Miata down the road, depressed the clutch and felt something hit my foot. Further investigation...
6
6

Mazda B2000 pick-up
Hi, I've just bought an '86 B2000 pick-up from a so-called mate.....and it's a 'kin shed! I took it on trust that there were only minor defects to deal with, so I didn't bargain on the bottom end /...

My automatic transmission is stuck in wrong gear...please help.
Hello, I have a 1991 Mx-5. I have my original tranny still. Yesterday I was out driving and suddenly my transmission would not engage its gears normally. It feels like I'm always driving in first gear...
3
3

Engine shuts off when coming to a stop
My '90 Miata, which I have owned for one month has 91,500 miles on it. It runs great except when it's warmed up and I am coming to a stop, the engine shuts off. I can restart it and it starts and runs...
5
5