Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1967 250S for sale
I've got a 1967 Mercedes-Benz 250S (108 chassis) for sale, asking price of $2000. It's located in Bethany, Connecticut. The body is very good with little rust and presentable black paint. The interior...

1984 190d timing chain
I bought a 1984 190d benz from a guy who tried to change the timing chain. He got it partially done and messed up. He thinks the chain is right now, but gave up and sold it to me. Are there some...
1
1

Odometer repair
There are many shops that will do a repair on Mercedes odometers and speedometers, most charge 250 or 300 or more. I had broken plastic odometer gears in the 86 560 and had a repair at DNA...

Timing Chain Rails
Well I got the timing cover off and inspected the rails. They are worn, but strangely, none of them are broken, and too my knowledge there all there. Anyone got a diagram of the assembly? I could...
2
2

Tachometer Problem, not RPM sensor
My tachometer in my 1982 300 TDT is not working. I have replaced the RPM sensor, but this does not seem to be the problem. I have two of them now and it works pretty much the same with the guaranteed...
7
7

Need driver's side rear taillight for 1982 300TD
Anybody have any leads? I'd sure appreciate it. I got rear-ended and the car was totaled. I bought it back and am getting it road worthy again. Thanks!
3
3

84 300D Auto tranny problem
In Park the car does not hold. It will roll and click. Searching past posts it sounds like I need to take it to a transmission place. Is it possible to replace the tranny or is it a small repair? And...
2
2

Odometer- Mercedes 206E
The odometer on my 1988 260E has suddenly stopped dead. Has anyone had this problem? Is is a simple thing like a cable or fuse - or has the whole unit just died with age as I suspect? Any thoughts and...
3
3

500 SEL Timing Cover
Im having trouble removing the timing cover on my 500 SEL. I have removed everything on the front of the car, taken off all the bolts for the cover. I even loosened the 3 closest head bolts closest to...
2
2

Parking Brake
1984 300D Turbo. I've adjusted the star wheels on the parking brake, but pedal still has too much travel. Where is the next adjustment? SPECIFIC location for cable or foot pedal adjustments would be...

Diesel Owners Test This Theory...
Hey Everyone, This is for all you Mercedes Diesel car owners... For those of us with diesels up to 1999. If you are daring, please test this and see if you got any fuel mileage improvement. I did the...
9
9

Suspension/Steering probs w/ '87 300TD Turbo Wagon
Greetings. I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction. My girlfriend has an 87 300TD Turbo Wagon (the 6 cyl) with close to 200k miles. She regularly drives on both highway and...
2
2

StarTek??
Hello Guys: I tried Startek... so far not much luck using the system. I am signed up for 1 day to fix my ABS/BAS lamp illumination problem which also cuts out my cruise control on my C230 1998 MB. I...
3
3

560 sec
I am considering buying a 560SEC and was wondering what pitfalls there are with these cars... ie engines/suspensions etc. I own a 300SD so am familiar with the general stuff on these 126 series...
4
4

1994 MB S320 waterpump removal
Hello all, i have a 1994 mbS320 i have had no luck finding a chilton or haynes workshop manual on this car. Any one with info/pics/diagrams on how to remove and install the water pump will be highly...