Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

560SEC quit on the road.
Quit like you turned off the key. Had to be towed to a shop. After sitting over night, it sterted and ran OK. I suspect the ignition module, since I had similar experiences over the years with a Ford...
4
4

Aftermarket Air intakes for a 5-cyl Diesel
I was looking at my 84 300D engine and realized that the air cleaner really puts a lot of twists and turns in the flow path for the air coming in. I was thinking about streamlining this flow with an...
14
14

Recommended source for 1980 300SD Exhaust?
Need a rear muffler and front pipe for a 1980 300SD. Anyone have any recommended sources? I've seen a couple sites that sell either ANSA or BOSAL for about the same price. Any opinions? TIA
4
4

560 A/C
I have read the solution somewhere but can't find it back My a/c blows on the windshield while the middle button is pressed.I should blow true the vents and a small amount to the windshield.I ge...
3
3

Gauge
Many thanks for info- Im uk based . Your info was great

To drive without instrument cluster installed ??
I have a W210 2002mod and have to deliver my central instrument panel for repair due to no indicating outside temperature and several missing pixel in clock and gear indication. This takes about a...

Attn jb
If you have no vacuum to the valve look for a leak in the system there is a vsv (vacuum switching valve) behind the right side console kick panel. If you have vac to the vsv then the valve may be bad...
1
1

anyone suggest a source for original (or close) trim screws and fasteners other than a junk yard
Had the 73 SL painted many years ago. Am replacing the pillar post seals and a few trim items, and now find out the painter lost or broke many of the original screws so he used off sized screws (even...
1
1

Door trim '87 300SDL
I'm working on repairing some rust problems on my '87 300SDL. I've removed the cladding from the rocker panels and wheelwells without any real problem. But when I removed the plastic trim panels from...
1
1

420/560 SEL rear suspention
I was wondering if the rear springs of a 420 sel would fit under m 560 sel.When I bought my car the hydropneumatic shocks were alread removed and regular shocks car sits very low in th back and want...
1
1

follow up to defrost -- thanks jo and tiger
I finally checked out that vacuum valve for defrost. it does hold vacuum. it will move if I apply vacuum to it. started the car and switched to defrost then back. there is no vacuum on either of the...
2
2

Fuel Gauge
Can anyone help me on this one - my fuel gauge on my mercedes c200 { 1995 model 202 } is aratic One minite it is showing some petrol in tank , then the next reading nothing at all Your comments on...
3
3

450SLC Power Window Problem
The car: USA 1974 450SLC The problem: no power getting to all 4 power windows. I've found that there is no voltage getting to the 2 window lift fuses ( #3 & #4) at the fuse block in the passenger's...
4
4

C250 1996 Automatic Transmission Oil Change
I have bought a new filter for an oil change - possibly the first after nearly 190,000 kms. No guidance in workshop manual but presume should be straight forward ie Remove dipstick, drain oil, install...

Running a 300SDL WITHOUT the klima relay
1987 300SDL 240,000 miles. My wife had the unfortunate klima relay failure while driving down the highway. The AC compressor began to seize up -- the clutch was very engages, and the serpentine tore...
5
5