Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Are all mercedes rims positive offset?
I'm assuming that all Mercedes rims are positive offset. In the oldl days rear wheel drive cars were typically negative and front wheel drive cars were positive since they were trying to make room...
3
3

Another Electrical snafu 84 300D
My 84 300D has an intermittent problem with the blinkers and hazard lights i.e. they don't work sometimes. When this happens I can rocker the HAZ switch on and off several times and get the blinkers...
2
2

Repair odometer on 560SEC?
How difficult is it to remove the speedometer assembly to send it off for repair? I see a place on EBay that will do the repair.
2
2

94 sl500 seats
My 94 sl500 seats are quite worn and starting to separate at the seams. New upholstry is very pricey and I intend to keep this car for many more years . In view of this expense does it make any sense...
1
1

Audi Service
Anyone thinking of buying a Audi vehicle please be aware They do not cover anything when it comes to service. No matter what the issue they blame outside influence and will not cover any issue. They...
7
7

Repair of tach amplifier in 116 series, 300SD
I have another tach amp going bad in my 300SD. I recall seeing some discussion here about how to maybe salvage this one, before buying a new one. It's intermittent, but it's not the contact pins, I've...
6
6

self levelling suspension
hi my 1988 230te just failed its test with rear suspension problem as the mechanic said it could be very expensive I'm trying to isolate the problem to see if its worth fixing Is there any easy way to...
20
20

126 Headlights
Check out these headlights for the 126 cars. think they would really modernize the look of the car, what do you guys think. I would buy them if they weren't so expensive
5
5

Why do heads crack on 300 Diesels?
The engine from my 300 TDT is being remanufactured by Metric Motors right now. I talked to Mike at Metric the other day, and found out that the head on my engine was cracked bad around the "prechamber...
5
5

E320 Alternator
Just received a rebuilt Bosch alternator, and I also bought a voltage regulator. Where does the voltage regulator connect to, the alternator itself?
1
1

Re: Air Conditioning HELP!!!
You got a loose vacuum hose... or zero vacuum to inside the car. Look in the hood and find those yellow checkvalves by your brake master cylinder... trace those vacuum hoses... make sure they are...
1
1

c240 windsheild wiper rest positioning sensor
does anyone know where the windshiel wiper rest positioning sensor is and how to fix it? my wipers are stuck up but still work.
1
1

loss of power & stalling while driving
i have a 2001 c240 when i drive the car it has a very rough idle. if you just drive slowly its okay. if you get on the pedal at all the check engine light starts flashing and you lose almost all...
5
5

E 320 A/C compressor
My E320 .100K mi. in great shape ,.except merc. dealership informs me that my a/c compressor compressor $800+450 labor + seals etc.$1600.Wow! Any chance that a recharge with leak sealant I could limp...
4
4

s500 sparking problems please help!!!!!
hi im a newby to the site and boy am i glad i found it. i have a 95 s500 which was running sweet one minute-and then after pulling in for petrol and restarting it was only running on four cylinders!...