Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Key for C240 (2002) + Fuel Injection Cleaning
Hi All, I recently lost 1 key and asked dealer for a new key. Dealer is asking for $330 for the part and $65 for the programming ($395 + taxes). I was wondering if there is any other option (in...
4
4

Service D
08 SLK Had service D which included changing brake fluid. Over 600.00. Thye want to change auto trans fluid. About 400.00. That's a bit much isn't it?
2
2

FS: Mercedes SL500 Tail Light R230 2003-06 Left Driver Side
FS: Mercedes SL500 Tail Light R230 2003-06 Left Driver Side eBay Mobile

1979 240D temperature issue
Happy Holidays everyone, Here's a real message about a Mercedes as opposed to more offers for Prada, Rolexes and whatever! My old 240 has developed an issue where its temperature goes up much higher...
8
8

2002 CLK430 AMG 208 body --- Question about radio
This began recently and seems somehow related to a possible electrical glitch. The upper and lower latches appear to be firmly attached with no looseness. Could this be related to the remote trunk...
4
4

Hot Extrusion of Metals
Extrusion is a hot working process, in which, forging, rolling etc., uses the good deformability of heated metallic materials for shaping them. The most important aspect of the process is that it...

suggestion for good replacement rotors for 500 sel
hello, my friend has been having trouble with front brake rotors warping. I've been told by several mechanics (and suppliers) the chinese parts are the source of this problem. not all manufacturers...
6
6

Need an answer to an easy question 1983 300D
What is the name of the part that connects to the top of the air filter and the engine block. It is a flat-ish tube with circular ends so that each end can be placed onto it's end spot. When you look...
2
2

Strange Problem
1990 560 SEC Euro Version Recently car has started to display some strange symptoms. Car will start with higher than usual idle, and ABS light on. After running for some time the ABS light will go...
2
2

300SDL Hesitation
Got a friend with 87 300SDL. He recently developed a hesitation problem upon acceleration. The car did die on the road a couple of times but hesitation is the big issue. Is this the banjo bolt issue?
2
2

Black smoke - 420SEL
My 1986 420 sel started blowing black smoke under acceleration . There is also a very unplesant burning type smell. The fuel consumption is high. My mechanic tried udjusting the fuel distributor...
3
3

Running gear pictures-2001 ML320
Hi all, I am looking for a few pictures of the running gear of a 2001 ML320. Tried google already without any positive results. What I am after are fotos of the complete drive train, ie front and rear...
2
2

UK: 280SE 1985 W126
I have a low mileage 1985 280SE that was given to me by my father, I have been running it for a couple of years but the fuel economy isn't great and I have spent too much looking after it. I don't...

240D, 1983, frame mounts need replacing
Is this a heavy job? Or something that can be accomplished by a fairly-handy DIY'er? I've done suspensions, brakes, and the like, so I'm not un-handy with tools or my car. But I've never done mounts...

2000 E320 STARTING PROBLEM
2000 E320 starting problem with 80K original owner. The battery was changed about four years ago. About two months ago the vehicle did not start. The vehicle was towed to the garage. The vehicle...
1
1