Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ML320 key
One of the keys to my ML320 failed (not just a bad battery.) I purchased a new key from a Mercedes dealer by mail and it arrived today, properly cut so that it operates the ignition lock. What it...
2
2

Top 10 Collectible Cars
BusinessWeek 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO (2) 1936-39 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special roadster (3) 1956-57 Jaguar XKSS (4) 1967-68 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder (5) 1960-63 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato (6) 1950-53...
2
2

1993 300e 2.8 slipping transmission
My trnasmission is slipping when shifting into 3 and 4th, it wasn't untill mechanic pulled out old modulator and replace a broken gasket. A like "black" capped modulator was put back in, apparently...
4
4

Petrol smell in cabin in 190E
1993 190E auto. At times I notice a petrol smell in the cabin after the car has stood overnight or longer. There is no obvious leak and no service person has ever commented. Your suggestions welcome....
5
5

Installing HID
Does anyone know how to fake out the external lamp failure indicator when replacing H-4 bulb dual filament. The light goes out ok when using low beams. The HID system I used has a magnetically...
1
1

300TD Intercooler?
Has anyone tried installing one, and was mileage or performance gained? I have a few small aluminum race car radiators at work, but don't know if i want to go thru the work involved in doing it right.
1
1

mercedes 400se 1992,missfiring
i had major tune up ,but still had the missfiring, which start when the car heat up or after driving for more the 20 minutes. which make the driver vibrate,can any one help
6
6

electrical fault with dashboard clocks
could anyone help when i start my vito 108cdi none of my clocks work /speedo/ rev counter/ fuel gauge/ temp gauge and then when it feels like it they will all come on could anyone give me the answer...

Smoke
1984 500SEL. After driving on the freeway for a while, smoke started to enter the cabin and from the car, where the trans is. It smelled like transmission fluid. I got off the freeway, and noticed no...
3
3

Best place to buy used vent window for ML-320?
Hello, I'm looking for the triangular vent window (I think that's what it's called) for the rear passenger side on a 2001 ML-320. Does anybody know where I might acquire one of these cheaply? Also, if...

Transmission computer
Hi, Can you tell me, what protocol I must use to access year modell 1998 E320 transmission (=722.6) computer? There is the round 38-pin connector and pin #10 is for transmission, but I do not know...

Experience replacing Antenna Mast ?
Hi, I need to repair/replace the antenna mast for my '93 300E 2.8. I see where to buy the part, and the mast replacement is sure cheaper than the whole antenna. Has anyone done this and how difficult...
3
3

1987 300E aux fan switch? Also temp gauge ?
Hi I have a 300E 1987 with Air conditioning. I would like to know what turns on the aux radiator fan. Is it just the switch that is screwed into the top of the head? Is there any other conditions that...
19
19

C-Class Help!!
Hi can anyone give me any information on troubles they have had with the ignition electrics on a C-Class that works with the 3 button fob. I am rely stuck on with this problem. my car opens with the...

'93 300E 124 cranks, but won't start
I got in one morn, cranked it over, it began to start, I let up on the key and now it'll just crank, crank, crank with NO hint of starting. TIA for any help.
2
2