Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1986 560SEC Tire size?
I just bought an 86 560SEC. The tires are 225/60-15, which are obviously wider than original because the spare cover in the trunk will not close. Also, I do not like the appearance or handling. I did...
6
6

1990 300CE instrument cluster removal
I've seen posts here about removing the instrument cluster from various models, but they don't seem to quite apply to my 90 CE. The puling of the panel is not the problem, but how to get slack in the...
3
3

Wind shield motor
I have a 1989 560 SEL. The wiper motor went on me in the last rain storm and I want to replace motor. I have a couple of questions first to ask the group: WHERE EXACTLY IS THE WIPER MOTOR? CAN A...

Supercharger for 6 cyl 104 Engine
Does anyone know if there is supercharger available for the 24 valve 6 cylinder engine used in the early 1990 - 1993 300 SLs? Thanks John
3
3

W123 Steering Wheel Removal
1985 230CE. I need to remove the steering wheel but the bolt is very tight as if someone used green Loctite on the threads. There is green paint on the head of the bolt. I am using a strong impact...
4
4

Tire Size..? Is Size Everything..?
I've got a 1983 300SD. When my tires wore out, I bought a set of new later model (1985) MB chrome rims which were 15 inch'ers. Also bought Michelin 205/65 - 15 tires. Same tire diameter, so the speed...
5
5

300 SD manual trans.
Has anyone ever put a manual transmission on an 83 300SD, or heard of it? If so, what transmission should I use?
9
9

Used 2002 Mercedes E320...
Hello...I am picking up my new/used 2002 e320 this saturday morning. Car has 67,000miles on the clock. Paid 15,500 from a friends dealership...I also got a 2 year unlimited warranty...Anyone have any...
4
4

wheels '79 mb 240d
I have a'79 mb 240d, just had it painted mb blue, very pretty. but: now the mag wheels look bad. it looks like peeling of the top metal layer. can i get these fixed. make to look better ? j.
3
3

Windshield wiper motor
Greetings, I have a 1989 560 SEL. The problem is that I do not want to destroy things under the hood, so I am here to ask, does anyone know where the wiper motor is? Is the motor hard to replace? I...

Oil to top up manual steering gearbox?
Hi Experts I have a 1984 240D and want to top up the oil in the manual steering gearbox. The manual does not specify any brand of oil and the maintenance manual says that the local MBZ rep will advise...
2
2

Fuel Leaking
I have a 1990 560 SEC European Spec ( Japanese Import ) that is absolute pristine condition. I havn't been driving it over the winter, except for a good warm up run on a dry sunny day. This afternoon...
4
4

C250TD 1999 AUTO - no power when accelerating
When accelerating, gearbox kicks down and revs rise rapidly. trouble is engine speed doesnt... This doesnt happen all the time just sometimes. One day its ok the next its not. Any ideas? Someone has...
5
5

Audio Aux Input Connectiion 2004
Where is the connection point to "Aux" input that is mentioned in passing in the manual for the audio command system in my 2004 e320.
1
1

Mercedes 190E Automatic transmission
Help gearbox is using loads of transmission fluid had vacum chamber valve changed. fluid not leaking out but would appear to be getting in engine and into pistons as smokes like hell,I am really...
4
4