Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 S320 Not shifting to 5th
I recently saw a post regarding a W140 not shifting to 5th. The response said the 5th gear was engaged by a microswitch somewhere in the shifter or linkage. Any idea where this can be found? I'm ready...

MAF 98 ML320
Hi, Error code advises that the MAF is no good. Dealer cost $400 plus 1 Hr install. Bosh replacements on eBay are $230. Is Bosch a good replacement, is this easy to install??? I have testing tools,...
13
13

recomendation for parts supplier in uk
has anyone ever done a lpg conversion on a ml350 automatic ,i am looking for a supplier for the parts WTV-UK has been recomended.tia mick grant

1985 W123 300D (Federal) Tachometer Issues - esp. paging Karl
Hi, I recently acquired an 85 w123 300D. The tachometer does not work, and so I desire to get it going again. I understand that the tachometer does not use the typical signal path with amplifier,...
4
4

'98 E320 Bulb replacement
The passenger side front parking lamp (in the same housing as the hi beam) in my '98 E320 needs to be replaced. Is it a simple matter of finding out how to un-spring the clips? Or must the air cowl...
1
1

Mercedes Stopped going in Reverse!
Hi, I have a '94 S420 that stopped going into reverse. I put the car in reverse gear, nothing happens. Even after waiting, it does not shift into reverse at all. Pushing on the gas pedal behaves the...
1
1

airbag on model A140 Avantgarde T plate
Hi, Can the airbag (passenger side) be swithed off easily or is this only something an authorised dealer can do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
1
1

97 E320: water enters body
Hi all, I can hear the sound of a lot of water moving whenever I brake or accelerate. The sound seems to come from somewhere under the door(s) of the drive side, as if I have a large container of...
5
5

Gas Flap Vacuum Switch on 380sl
The gas flap on my 1981 380sl never locked, so i just assumed it wasn't supposed to. I just read, however, that it does have a vacuum switch, so I guess it was broken when i bought the car, since the...
2
2

Sarasota MB
If you need service or looking for a new MB avoid Sarasota MB aka Autonation. They are the worst.

1986 300E
I just bought a used 1986 300E and the owner did not have the owner's manual. I have been looking for the fuel filler door switch so I can put gas into the tank and can not find it. Does anyone know...
2
2

Safe Diesel Injection Tube Heater Possible?
I have a 1982 300 TDT. It has 396,000 miles (637,000 km) on it and has the original engine. It is getting hard to start when its cold outside, in part because of the new (to us in the U.S.) Ultra Low...
3
3

Project Car - Mercedes For Sale
Please see my posting at all the details! http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/440934.htmlfor

'03 E320 vs '89 300E
Hi All I drove the '03 E320 today and found myself rather disapointed compared to my old '89 300E. What am I missing here? it seemed to me that the engine was not as smooth, almost a buzzy quality...
17
17

SL600 for sale
Black 2-door Convertible, Top, 106K miles, AUTO 4SPD, 6.0L V12. Features: Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Driver'S Seat, Power Passenger Seat, AM/FM Stereo Radio, Cassette Player,...
1
1