Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1989 300E Hot front brakes, no front braking.
I noticed a strange feel to the brake pedal about 1 week ago. Skidded on a wet road while stopping about the same time. I continued to use the car for short distances but observed a dragging when...
2
2

transmitions
dose anyone now what transmition i can put in my 1987 260E to get it to go faster than 220k witch is wear it redlines by the way its an (auto).
1
1

retrofitting HIDs into W210 (E series 97-02)
I've successfully retrofitted HID into the W210, as have a number of others. We pooled our experiences on MBWorld and have basically used the following (in a nutshell).... - Depo projector based H7...

1989 560 SEL skips at different temperature
When the engine is cold for about 90 seconds runs smooth AS the temperature is below 80 degrees C IT SKIPS When the temperature is 85 to 100 Degrees C it Runs smooth Any Suggestions? I have about...
6
6

Engine misses above 4,000 RPM
Title says it all. Battery went bad and was replaced. I was rev'ing it and found the miss. Don't know if it was there before. It doesn't seem to affect driving. Any ideas?
3
3

Is my 500SEL green?
OK... here's a question that's been getting noisy in our office this week. My '88 500SEL (UK) is getting about 20MPG, and I don't drive it much because I can't really afford to. I think that this is a...
16
16

300TD, door tumbler fell out ! mother in law did it
I have a 1987 300TD, and last week my mother in law went to unlock the drivers door, and pulled the whole tumbler out of the door. I could'nt believe it. I have had no luck trying to get it back in....
3
3

Tie Rod Ends
Hi All My steering is 'really' getting lose and I need to replace these. I noticed that Rusty's parts has them as 'left' and 'right' hand thread. Is that for the left and right side of the car? or...
6
6

02 C230K: Can't get turn signal lamp out
I had a long day on Tuesday, involving a blowout on the freeway, a mini spare whose valve core had been removed, and lots of waiting to get a tire mounted. Of course, in the middle of all that, the...
3
3

IGNITION TIMING TROUBLE SHOOTING
Hy.. My car even has been 14 years under a warehouse, only 42.000 kms, I have just taken it to the world again and I have next problems. Low power, up to 60 kilometers speed, very low uphill Engine...
4
4

W126 Cruise Control Amp
do all W126s use the same cruise control amp? i have a 1984 300SD that needs a new cc amp and want to know if it will accept one from gasoline models. anyone know a good source for guaranteed...
2
2

FS: 1986 560SL
I have my 560SL for sale in Huntsville, Al. 103,000 miles, all original except immaculate blue paint job (the original color). Both tops, blue cloth top replaced recently. This is a beautiful car and...

Brake Pedal Sinks
1984 500 SEL. I replaced a rotor on the passenger rear wheel, and whenever I drive, if I press the brake pedal down at just the right distance, the pedal slowly sinks to the ground, all the way. And...
12
12

88 300TE, how to codes from LED
The check engine light is on as well, what is the procedure to read the codes from the LED near the battery? thanks
1
1

Turn signal and headlamp question (87 300SDL)
I have an electrical problem that I need a little guidance on solving. This in an '87 300SDL. When the headlamps are turned on the bulb out lamp illuminates on the dash. I suspect a loose connexion...
9
9